1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011-2012 NHL Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Two Owen Sound boys, in the sports news for the wrong reasons.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The Oilers got a glimpse of the future tonight with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall, and Jordan Eberle all on one line. What did they do? RNH 1g2a, Hall, 2g1a, Eberle 1a.
    Yes it was just an exhibition game and it was against the Coyotes, but a roster of mostly NHL regulars.
    Even though it would be best if the Oilers sent RNH back to Red Deer, damn that was good to see after witnessing these last couple of years. It is the light at the end of the tunnel.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This could go over to the movies thread but I think more people here would enjoy it.

Rob Lowe on "Breakaway" which also stars Brampton comedian Russell Peters.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3w7cq9e

During the Toronto International Film Festival, Peters says Virmani told him that his inspiration for the Breakaway script came after watching the stand-up comic perform and crack a joke about an all-Indian hockey team – the Toronto Maple Sikhs – where “Singh passes to Singh, and Singh shoots on Singh,” laughs Peters, who plays a self-important businessman who has nothing but disdain for the national game.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Down Goes Brown does it again. Colin Campbell's discipline reasoning explained

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Rob Lowe for the fucking win:

Sporting a frayed Mustangs T-shirt (“This is my little nod to my first film for those who care”)

Fuck yeah, I care!!! :D

Unfortunately, you can only barely see it here. :(

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I have a feeling the Wings' Brendan Smith will get fined for his hit to the head of a Blackhawks player (coincidentally named Smith). I've seen worse.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I like what Shanny's doing. Eventually, these guys will learn.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yup. It's like after the lockout when the league started to enforce the interference rule.

The players eventually learned that rodeo hockey was over.

Hockey players, like other athletes in other sports, always push the rules to get away with whatever they can.

The headshot era is over in the NHL. And the players will adapt. They always do. And the offenders will be punished and those who don't adapt will be drummed out of the league.

I love the transparency of the Shanahan rulings.

9. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Hall and Eberle will both be stars. Can't wait to see them this year.

Hopefully the Avs take note and stockpile young talent. They should have a top 5 pick next year!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

TSN Ranks the Top 50 players

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=49958

Sid # 1, OV #2.

Chara at #10 is interesting

No surprises there.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Good to see some love for my boy Matt Duchene. The sky is the limit for that kid.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I always think of him and Cody as my boys. I didn't have kids ... so I have junior hockey players instead. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.