1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 World Series Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Oct 24, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ask the Yankess how shitty it is.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Never said it was shitty. I said it didn't match up well vs. the Giants. Ask the Phillies about that.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Giants get a split at home, Rangers get two of three in Arlington with Vlad in the lineup.

After that, not sure.
    I'm worried about whether Fox is going to pull the remaining plug at the end of the month on Dish Network.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rangers' only chance is to split in SF, win Game 3 with Lewis, hope Hunter/Holland is good enough in Game 4 and go for the KO with Lee in Game 5.

If it goes back to SF, the Giants win the series.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Huh, how about that:

Baseball's slide into irrelevancy continues.

http://bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4813:mlb-2010-league-championship-most-watched-since-2007&catid=57:television&Itemid=122

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Had that game been on a channel people could find it probably would have set a record.

My brother was in a bar in Orlando on Friday night and he couldn't watch it because they didn't have TBS on their system for some reason.

7. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

I was surprised when the Phillies lost to the Giants. Proves I don't follow them during the regular season; the hitters fell off big time this year.

Remember when Ibanez was accused of bulking up on steroids the first half of '09? What a joke. He's the Philly I'm most familiar with, and he's the same guy he's been since KC.

If the Giants manage to win this thing, the theorists will be in a tizzy. First it was pitching over hitting, then the Yankees proved this year that hitting rules, now not so much, but wait the Rangers are bombers with mediocre pitching after Lee, but but they had no chance until they picked up Lee... Pass me another beer, barkeep.

Rangers in six.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Except for the reverse home field advantage, it didn't quite work out that way in the NLCS when the Giants could close it at home. The Rangers have been quite formidable on the road; it's home games that have been difficult.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

This is getting silly. Both teams lost 70 times during the regular season. These things are always complete toss ups. It's great that everyone wants to pretend he's The Great Zandino. But it's all just hogwash right now. All anyone can know for sure is that the two Lee-Lincecum games will be awesome.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't worry. When the Series is over Rick Stain will come along and prove sabermetrically that the team who lost actually won.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not of the "baseball's a joke unless it gets a salary cap" crew, but as I posted on another thread you have to take these ratings with a huge grain of salt since the ratings firms don't report their statistical margin of error.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

And FOX was blacked out to about 5 million Cablevision subs in the NY area because of the Murdoch-Dolan pissing contest.

Draft saved Draft deleted