1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Feb 10, 2010.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am really anti-gun, but there is something kind of hot about a German women who can shoot a rifle.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

To hell with German women.

Quebec's Myriam Bedard won two gold medals in Lillehammer for shootin' & skiin'

[​IMG]

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Two skills that helped her evade the U.S. Marshals for as long as she did, I'm sure.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Forgot about that child custody spat with the child's father.

Remember seeing an interview with her--maybe it was Mansbridge a---and thought, "Wow, intense doesn't begin to describe her".

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

By STEPHEN WILSON, AP Sports Writer Stephen Wilson, Ap Sports Writer – Thu Feb 11, 8:26 pm ET
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia – A female Russian hockey player was reprimanded Thursday but escaped a ban after testing positive for a stimulant in the first doping violation of the Vancouver Olympics.

The International Olympic Committee said Svetlana Terenteva tested positive Saturday for a "light stimulant" contained in a prescription cold medication. The substance — tuaminoheptane — is banned during competition but not out of competition. It is found in inhalers and nasal sprays.

Terenteva, a 26-year-old forward who has played in four world championships, told the IOC she used the drug Rhinofluimucil in Russia to treat a cold last month. She said she stopped using the medication when she arrived in Vancouver on Feb. 3, a day before the Olympic drug-testing program began.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nodar Kumaritashvili, 21, of the Republic of Georgia died after a luge accident. Wrecked at estimated speed of close to 90 mph. Lost control and flipped into a metal pole.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/vancouver2010/news/2010/02/12/12857041-qmi.html

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Don't get TSN/CTV here. LOVED CBC's Oly coverage, summer or winter. Whichever US network rights-holder was rarely, if ever, on in our household. I like actually watching LIVE events happen, y'know, LIVE.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I've seen some stills from it ... ye gods. Brutal.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I read yesterday that NBC won't be showing the Canada/US prelim game. They're showing figure skating and other stuff. They're sticking hte hockey game over on whatever secondary channel they have.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Not sure how long it will be available, but there's a video of the accident at Huffington Post.

Seek out at your own risk.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great Fucking Start to the Olympics.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Time-lapse photos from an Italian newspaper. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK, particularly the next to last one.

http://www.repubblica.it/speciali/olimpiadi/vancouver/2010/02/12/foto/morte_slittino_kumaritashvili-2275947/1/#http://www.repubblica.it/images/2010/02/12/211643224-5e9db7e8-be89-4b5e-b8a2-0720e20b1654.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted