1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Feb 10, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So I'm filling out my fantasy team for the 2010 Winter games and I'm stuck on the Women's Biathalon. I clearly have to go with Helena Jonsson (Sweden) but I need a second,Kati Wilhelm (Germany) or Olga Medvedtseva (Russia)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What? The Olympics are this year? Who knew?

:)

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I see the "Lindsey Vonn is the Michael Phelps of the Winter Games!" storyline has already been derailed now that she has some deep shin bruise. Oops. Somewhere, Dick Ebersol poured himself another double of 50-year-old Macallan.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Lindsey Vonn is this Olympiad's Bode Miller.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What event is Vonn in. I've never heard of her. Surprised they have not done more to promote her if she is the Bodie Miller of these games? ::)

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, more people would know this if the games were broadcast on an actual network.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I think she hurt her shin during the SI Swimsuit issue photo shoot. [/crossthreading]

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Seeing as how I live on the west coast of the United States, I'll post on this thread three hours after the rest of the country.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No way. Bode didn't care in Torino. He admitted all he wanted to do was drink and pary. Vonn cares. She may not win five golds (my prediction is two golds, one bronze), but it won't be because she doesn't care.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I already have Lindsay Vonn burnout. This is a dream for the Ebersole Olympics. The drama has started. Will Lindsay be able to compete. I don't know if I am going to make it till Wednesday.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Are these sporting events or some sort of bastardized version of Friday Night Lights that happens with sports none of us even know how to score every four years?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Surely you know how to score the biathlon

Oh, and for Yanks living on the border--TSN and CTV's coverage will kick NBC's ass. You just have to put up with Canadian homerism for a change.

Draft saved Draft deleted