1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Summer Movie Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 6, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't bet on it: "Superman Returns" made almost $400 million worldwide and was a runaway DVD seller for a couple of years.

It's now considered an epic disaster because it wasn't the biggest box-office blockbuster in the history of the world as it was hyped up to be before release, but $400M B.O. indicates there's still interest in the character.

And WB wouldn't ask Nolan to get involved (and he wouldn't accept) if they didn't think the franchise had potential.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Really, I thought the biggest problem with Superman Returns was that the best scene of the movie (when he saves the plane) occurred about 45 minutes in ... they were never able to top that scene through the rest of it.

I thought it was fairly entertaining, though. It wasn't on the level of The Dark Knight (or even Batman Begins, really), but it was fun couple hours.

And I still get jazzed up hearing the first few notes of the theme song. Damn, John Williams is a genius.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I really liked the shots of them doing the kung fu at the Great Wall of China. The scenery looks absolutely gorgeous.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the Karate Kid was doing karate and not kung fu. ;)

I'm sold on this flick ... looks like it has potential. The Next Karate Kid? Now THAT was a shitfest.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

drerunc got it right on the first page. If you can't get excited about Inception, you're not interested in the right kind of movies. Full trailer out now.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-11-awards-campaign-2009/posts/watch-will-inception-surprise-as-the-summer-s-biggest-tearjerker

Draft saved Draft deleted