1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Summer Movie Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 6, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is the new Superman movie a reboot of a reboot?

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That wasn't how they treated War Machine at all, I was pleasantly surprised at how good IM2 was. Loved the first one, and wasn't expecting better just hoping that it was up to par with the first. It was up to par, maybe a little worse, but it's measured in grains of sand.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

It was alright.

Some great Easter eggs for those who have read the comics that's for sure.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Supposedly it's a complete start-over (a-la "Batman Begins"), with Christopher Nolan running the show as exec producer.

Since "Superman Returns" was an "indirect sequel" (aka 'shameless rip-off' or 'lame imitation') of the Richard Donner movies (Superman I and II) that means that entire series is being bypassed too.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

On Labor Day weekend lurks "Machete." I wonder if DeNiro Fucks With The Wrong Mexican! gets bumped up or gets more promotion, given the timeliness of the subject matter.
    It's not summer for me without a Tarantino or Rodriguez joint.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Toy Story 3. I'm having a girl's night for Sex and the City 2 later this month. None of the rest strike me as must-see.

A lot of people are playing up the Jaden-Smith-and-Jackie-Chan flick The Karate Kid. They're also making a movie of the Ramona books (by Beverly Cleary) with Selena Gomez and Bridget Moynahan.

(And those who have mentioned it, next year is going to be epic for those of us who are total geeks. The final HP movie AND The Hobbit, which is slated for Christmas release? Yes, please.)

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I care for exactly one film coming out this summer (*throwing chum in the water now*).

"Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage":
    http://blogs.wSportsJournalists.com/speakeasy/2010/04/26/beyond-the-lighted-stage-exclusive-clip-from-new-rush-doc/

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

That movie looks like an abortion.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would have agreed a few months ago, but I admit the preview has me intrigued.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Here's hoping they scrap the plans for another Superman movie. I don't care if Nolan is attached or not.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

I wouldn't go as far as abortion. Maybe ugly stepchild.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Everybody's waiting for 'Human Centipede' to come out.

Draft saved Draft deleted