1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Summer Movie Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 6, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

1,000,000 times 0 equals 0

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Unless I missed it, I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of a mention of "Inception." Based on the cast and the director, this could be the movie of the year: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/.

Here's the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2861040665/.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Great lineup; Nolan, DiCaprio, Leavitt, Berenger. Hope its fun.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Page, Watanabe, Caine, Cotillard, Murphy as well.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It does look awsome, but it seems like a Christmas season type of movie.

For some reason I have it in my head that the darker movies run in the winter. The Black Night was summer, though.

6. I was going to post that. My only fear is that my son will say, "I want to watch it again!" like he does after watching a DVD. I'm not sure if my bank account can manage 100 showings of Cars 3 in 100 days.

But, really, you can't go wrong with Pixar.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Saw a preview for "Super 8" prior to Iron Man 2 this afternoon. Looks like another blockbuster for next summer.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I didn't make it to IM2, as planned. How do you rate it?

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm going tonight and will try and not be too negative about it. Note: Growing up, Iron Man was my favorite comic behind Spider-Man. I was pleased with the first and some nods to the comics and villains which would seem silly on a live-action big screen (Mandarin). However, I know, just know they're going to fuck up War Machine like what happened with Venom.

'Oh look, Rhodey I need help with all these bad guys, let's make a suit for you!!!'

Instead of Tony Stark being a raging alcoholic and not being able to put his own two shoes let alone be Iron Man. Rhodes fills in for quite some time until he and suit no longer bond thus going on a serious rampage and blah blah blah Tony to the rescue.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Black Night? You mean Dark Knight? And yes, it was in the summer. The best movies usually run during the end of the year, aka Oscar season. Avoiding a movie because of when it comes out, though, is foolish. The year it was released, In Bruges came out in, I believe, late January or early February, which is usually when the worst movies come out. Therefore, not many people saw it when it was in theaters, but it's easily one of the best and most original movies in quite some time.

11. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

It was good. In general, I rate movies like this on an "entertained/not entertained" scale, and this was entertaining. I'm not a huge comic book movie guy, and I don't think I've ever actually read a comic book, but I like Iron Man because it consists of normal men that have created contraptions with super powers. I liked it as much as the first.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2012 looks like the real battle of the superhero franchises: Batman 3 and Spider-Man 4 (or Spider-Man V2.0) will battle it out during the summer, then Superman Reboots swoops in just before Christmas.

Draft saved Draft deleted