1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Rock & Roll HOF Nominees -- Potentially Righting Some Wrongs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Sep 23, 2009.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr B

Those aren't sunglasses ... they're bifocals.

o-<

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You're right that longevity doesn't appear to be a qualifier for a lot of current inductees. That's one of the problems I have with the RR HOF. To me, putting some of these groups in would be like inducting Tony Conigliaro or Mark Fidrych into the baseball HOF. Longevity should be a key measure and a key differentiator. And it's not. Which lessens the whole value of who's in and who's not.

Following that note, the Mamas and the Papas shouldn't be in. Although they're probably on the way to being kicked out based on Mackenzie's revelation [/crossthreading].

And take a look at the Wikipedia passage on 'Love to love You, Baby.' Pretty humorous stuff.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

But he's a Man 'O War, dammit!

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Whoa, no Jethro Tull?

Pretty easy to see what is liked and not liked.

5. Captain_Kirk

fixed.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

One - "Whole Lotta Love," which hit No. 4.

Sucks that Paul Revere and the Raiders still haven't even been nominated for the HOF, much less been inducted.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mr. Friend O' makeas a good point about Traffic back on page one, but I'd argue that Steve Winwood belongs for his work with them, Spencer Davis, Blind Faith and on his own.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'd like to see LL Cool J and RHCP in. Other than that, no complaints.

9. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Huggy,

When is the last time you played a Traffic album?

Up there with Family.

o-<

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm glad KISS is getting a nod, but I fear that Peter and Ace will be made to sit on the sidelines for an induction performance.

As far as others in the same vein as KISS getting snubbed, Alice Cooper comes to mind. So does Blue Oyster Cult, the New York Dolls, Iggy and the Stooges and the MC5.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed. I love Winwood but for the most part his Traffic stuff doens't interest me.

12. Captain_Kirk

I hope not. That would be a travesty. I know their relationships with Gene and Paul have Grand Canyon like issues, but they've reunited before, and hopefully they would again. Ace and Peter were there from the start and helped build the band and ultimately its legacy; they deserve to be there at the podium should the RR HOF make the proper choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted