1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And there's Hardy! So much for that WM matchup with CM Punk.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh, look. There's that felon, Jeff Hardy.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ironic that he's on top of the cell, and not in it.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

FLAIR!

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Flair, Bischoff, Russo and Hogan in the same company. Oh, brother. No pun intended...

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

And here's Ric Flair.

Give TNA credit: They're throwing EVERYTHING into this.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So in the first half hour, we've had ... profanity-laced chanted bleep out and nearly a woman's ass exposed.

I'm sure Spike is happy about putting this on live. :D

8. NDub

NDub Guest

They were interviewing fans and just letting the fans say whatever the wanted - a lot of WWE sucks, kids programming is weak, Vince better watch out, etc.

Hardy's beatdown of that Homicide dude was awesome.

Flair is now in the house.

I didn't like the finish to the first match. And I wonder WTH happened during the pin in the women's match. The camera just cut away to an empty arena. I didn't like the booking of a women's match 25 minutes in, but at least they could wrestle.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

TNA better have something big planned for when Raw goes on the air at 9 p.m. If not, they're fucked.

10. Mystery Meat II

I guess they were trying to sell Homicide as a bad ass, but wrestling fans are conditioned to consider all cage matches as no-DQ. They're trying to train them otherwise (the Angle-Wolf best of three match at the last PPV where the cage couldn't be used as a weapon until the final fall, for example), but that's a lot of memory to overcome.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's some guy named Hogan they'll probably wheel out. I hear he's big in Australia.

12. Mystery Meat II

Either Flair goes on a profanity-laced attack on WWE or Hogan comes out. Given how important Hardy was to WWE in the very recent past, I wonder if maybe they should have saved him for the 9 p.m. spot as a fuck you to WWE.

And Krystal is going heel. Wonder if Bobby's following?

Draft saved Draft deleted