1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just realized TNA is three hours tonight while Raw is only two. Wonder if TNA wheels out Hogan right off the bat or if they wait until the second hour?

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The Rock was rumored to be a guest GM sometime in January. Haven't heard anything new on it, though.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Hogan will probably come on about 55 minutes into the first hour, while Raw is leading in.

Betcha can hear the channels changing in your neighborhood.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Bret Hart has been referenced enough in the last 10 years that unless you were a toddler during the Montreal Screwjob, you're at least vaguely aware of the guy.

TNA would get smoked tonight no matter what -- Raw could be two hours of Hornswaggle with Ted McGinley as the guest GM and it'd win. But they're making WWE pay more attention to the product, even if just this one night, so it'll be a small victory for the business, even if it's a big fat tub of fail for TNA.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

So Raw starts at 9 p.m. When does Impact start, then?

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

8 p.m. With no Monday Night Football and no drinking with my Monday Night Football buddy, I'll be DVRing both and flipping betwixt the two. This is easily the biggest night of TNA's existence: if they don't get this right, they may not get another chance. By this time next year, they'll be a player or they'll be in the dustbin. I don't get the feeling that 1.0 rating-getting TNA will be around either way, not with the money they're spending.

7. billikens

billikens Member

I hadn't planned to watch either show, as the wife hates hates hates wrestling, but was just told "the Bachelor" starts tonight, and, after four months of Monday Night Football, I'm being relegated to the bedroom tv.

I'd find it extremely difficult to believe TNA does well enough to justify a weekly program, but I'm rooting for them. Another round of the Monday Night Wars should be great for pro wrestling.

Edit to add: Rumor is there's another big surprise TNA visitor who hasn't been mentioned yet. Ric Flair.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I just read on a blog that Jeff Hardy was shown sitting at ringside.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

Wow. They are absolutely SHREDDING the WWE. These are not verbal jabs. These are haymakers.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Sure doesn't sound like this is going to be a one-shot Monday deal.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

How so?

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Smart move, too, by starting off with the "unfamiliar" names competing in a cell (although it's hard to see anything if they don't use the camera that's actually next to the ring ... could those bars get any thicker or redder?)

EDIT: Then they fuck it up by have a cage match be a no contest ... WTF?

Draft saved Draft deleted