1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I second that recommendation. Also, I look at Wrestlezone.com for all the latest news items, and also bookmark 411mania.com wrestling. 411mania has the usual columns and news items, but the one thing I always log on for is the "Ask 411" that comes out every Wednesday. A simple Q-and-A from readers, but it elicits some good insights about behind-the-scenes stuff over the years.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

pwtorch.com is good for news and tidbits, as well as some behind the scenes stuff and fan reaction. I like to read it on my cellphone whilst I'm on the shitter.

And if you want to get a sense of "history" head on over to wrestlecrap.com for some of the worst the industry has to offer (in a funny way).

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Scott Keith's blog is an entertaining read. He claims to be pretty well detached from the current product, but he always has an opinion when big news breaks. He does the best PPV reviews/recaps of any wrestling writer I've read, and his reviews of old shows are especially fun to read.

He's at: www.rspwfaq.com

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Torch, there was an item on there today about the upcoming Raw guest hosts.
    The bad: Carl Edwards (Feb. 8 ), Jewel and Ty Murray (Feb. 22), Criss Angel (March 8 ).
    The good: Jerry Springer (Feb. 15), Cheech and Chong (March 1)
    The fucking awesome: Stone Cold (March 15). I assume this is the show before Wrestlemania. If not, it should be.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ick - They should trade Carl Edwards for Carl Weathers, and unless Jewel is in a diva match, do not want. I've also never been a fan of Cheech and Chong.

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I have a feeling Carl Weathers would be better suited to guest host Impact. With someone jacking his gimmick and all...

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Listen, Consequences Creed is as original a creation as Jay Lethal. I don't know what the problem is.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So when the heck is The Rock supposed to guest host?

I can see Jewel doing some sort of sing-off with Jillian. Otherwise, yeah, I'd rather see her fight.

Springer ought to be funny for the 'Jerry, Jerry' chants. We won't know if they're talking about him or Lawler.

Cheech and Chong should be fun, but how are they going to work with a PG script?

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Apparently they're trying to get Conan O'Brien to guest GM. I have no idea how that would work since USA is an NBC property, but if they get him soon enough, it'd probably be their biggest ratings pop from a GM since they started doing this.

10. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Well played.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Chris Jericho and Hurricane Helms were arrested for public intoxication:

http://www.mahalo.com/chris-jericho-arrested

12. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Did I not look back far enough, or was the passing of Bob Briscoe missed?

Draft saved Draft deleted