1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To me, the big problem with having too many new guys show up on the same night is that their impact (no pun intended) will be diluted. If a new big name shows up every half hour, I'm not that excited. TNA already has Hogan's first night. Everyone else's will be overshadowed.

If they were to phase them in over several weeks or months, then it would be a bigger story.

As for me, I'm more excited to see what happens with Bret Hart. Just the fact that he hasn't been in a WWF/E ring in over 12 years makes Monday a special event.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Hart in the WWE, given how he left and how it was, easily, the most controversial event in pro wrestling history, trumps anything TNA could do.

So you've got Hogan? Big whoop. We've all seen Hogan in and out of the ring a plethora of times the past decade. Sure, Hart was in WCW for a while but this is something that, deep down, I don't think any of us expected us to EVER see.

Hart coming back to the WWE is the equivalent of Selig allowing Rose into the HOF. Hogan coming back is like seeing Pedro Martinez come out of retirement.

3. It's like Indiana hiring Bobby Knight again. Or Texas Tech changing its mind and re-hiring Leach.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I kind of expect Shane-O Mac to end up with UFC.

Hogan doesn't mean shit. He's such a bald-face lying bastard that he has absolutely no respect.

Bret Hart's return is huge. I'm still wondering how they're going to do it, especially with Trips and the Billion Dollar Bitch running the show.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would think that there would have been plenty of meetings and discussions before Hart agreed to return.

Likely, there's one thing that they all can agree on. They might be able to make a lot of money with this.

6. schiezainc

Actually, I thought more about this and Hart coming back is like Barry Sanders returning to the Lions wheras Hogan is like Brett Favre deciding to play with the Vikings. One is a news story, the other is pointless.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hogan returning = blah.

Hart returning = holy shit.

8. schiezainc

I doubt, very much, that the Hart vs. McMahon feud was scripted. If it was, then kudos to them. They all deserve Oscars.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

OK, so let me get this straight...

TNA is starting a Monday night program beginning tomorrow to compete with RAW?

Bret Hart is returning to wrestle on RAW?

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I think TNA's Monday night gig is a one-time thing, though I could be wrong. They are taping immediately afterward for next week's show.

Montreal was definitely not scripted in no way, shape or form.

I would like to think that Hart, as smart a guy as he is, would have had to approve any storyline if he were to appear. I would certainly hope so.

I still don't see Hart wrestling, unless it's a "staged" fight with McMahon. Sure, there's money to be made in a Hart-McMahon feud (Wrestlemania), and McMahon has shown that he'll do anything to draw a buck (had his head shaved by Donald Trump, for God's sake).

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This is the only planned Monday night spot for TNA, but they seem to be using it as a "trial" run and convince Spike to give them a Monday show.

12. schiezainc

Yeah and they couldn't have had worse luck. Any wrestling fans who might have been on the fence and, maybe, willing to check out TNA's show are going to do a double take now as Raw, especially early on, is going to be can't miss TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted