1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

OK, with the advent of the New Year, it's time to discuss:

Who do you think the next pro wrestler will be to die young, either by steroids, drugs or otherwise?

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to speculate, I've been wondering about Scott Steiner for a few years now.

And as an aside, I was thinking about how I wanted to be the guy to start this year's thread, but I have to admit it's only appropriate that the guy named Handsome Harley be the one to kick it off.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was almost thinking that there was a d_b, because I'm so used to seeing a whole bunch of pages with 'Pro Wrestling Thread'.

As for early wrestler deaths, I'm thinking Scott Hall, for reasons that I'd rather not post here.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Barring an in-the-ring injury, of course (God forbid), Steiner and Hall would be at the top of my list.

As much as I hate to say it, because I believe he's still the best active worker in the business right now (with apologies to Chris Jericho, who is a close, close second), all of the injuries and hence, medication leads me to worry about Kurt Angle.

A bunch of pain pills and/or somas, mixed with the smallest amounts of alcohol, have done in bigger guys than Angle.

5. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Mae Young.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My money is on Batista. Why? I don't know. Just have a feeling.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The Abe Vigoda of pro wrestling.

Could still see Jeff Hardy spiraling out of control. Could see Flair trying to wrestle one time too many and dropping dead in the middle of the ring (probably as he's about to job to one of the Nasty Boys at a half-filled Impact Zone). Or the former Big Daddy V for being megafat.

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Possibly the same reasons that make Steiner a likely candidate?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Is Viscera even on the roster anymore?

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Rumored for Monday's live Impact:

Mr. Kennedy (Anderson)
    Rob Van Dam
    Paul Heyman
    Tommy Dreamer

Since he is now officially gone from WWE as of last week, jaws would hit the floor if Shane McMahon shows up.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Dreamer I can't imagine would be able to jump to TNA so soon after his release (and they gave him, and by extension the original ECW, a nice sendoff this week. Not that it'd make much, ahem, impact anyhow. Does anyone really care to see another Dreamer-Raven feud in 2010?

Shane would get people talking for sure, though there HAS to be some sort of trigger in his contract that says if it expires and he leaves, he can't work for direct competition for a certain period. Also, if you had Hogan, Shane, Bischoff, Russo, Dixie Carter, Jarrett and Foley (on-camera, at least) in some form of authority (and that's assuming Heyman would be back as strictly on-air talent), then who the hell's running the ship?

Monday's gonna be a lot of fun, for better or worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted