1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Predictions - let your inner Jeanne Dixon flag fly.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The iTablet (or iSlate or whatever Apple calls it) will be a huge hit.

Home prices continue to fall thanks to the economic collapse.

Ten percent of us lose our jobs at newspapers.

Tiger returns to the Masters, plays poorly which causes golf writers to begin writing "Is Tiger done?" columns. He then wins the British Open by 10 or more strokes.

One or more Olympic athlete will be stripped of medals after testing positive for marijuana.

The Pirates have yet another losing season.

Willie Parker will not be on the Steelers roster when the 2010-11 season begins.

Dallas wins the Super Bowl next month. (Jinx!)

England makes the final four of the World Cup. But the crystal ball gets hazy after that.

The USMNT makes it out of group stage, but loses to another semifinal team in the first knockout round.

IJAG will correctly predict the winners of two Triple Crown races.

Pastor will skip several days of work to watch soccer at the pub and drink beer.

I will win my age group in a mountain bike race. I will also ride a century on my road bike.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Shula will sail past his 80th.

How many people he'll kill from boredom, listening to 1972 gahbage, remains to be determined.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

A Beatle or a Stone will pass away in 2010.

Urban Meyer will be coaching on the sideline for every Florida game in 2010.

Boy George will pass away.

Tiger wins at least 1 major, maybe 2.

Bernhard Langer at the Masters is this year's Tom Watson/Greg Norman.

Martin Brodeur and Kobe Bryant win their respective Finals MVP awards.

Texas wins the AL West; Kansas City threatens deep into September for a playoff spot.

The Rams double this year's win output. The Bucs see theirs fall by one. The Lions win 6 games.

Favre quits after game six when the Vikings are 2-4.

KISS still doesn't make the R&R Hall of Musical Acts that Jann Wenner and His pretentious Friends Like.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jason Bay will hit at least a dozen balls that would be homers elsewhere end up as doubles at Citi Field. He'll have 16 homers on the season, and the Mets fans and media will scream that he's a bum.

Tiger will do a 60 Minutes interview right before the Masters about how hard it is to be Tiger Woods. He won't win the Masters, but he'll win another major.

Boise State will kick ass again, and get shut out of the BCS championship game.

The Redskins will sign Terrell Owens

NBC will endlessly cheerlead the U.S. team at the Olympics

Boxing will continue to suck

There will be a controversial call by a ref during an NBA playoff game that will bring back all the Tim Donaghy rumors of a fix.

The economy will continue to suck, except for the rich people.

Repubs will spend the year whining about Obama, and make some gains in the House and Senate elections, but not take over either of them.

A major newspaper company will go under, closing all of their papers. The CEO will try to claim that it's a good thing, using all sorts of corporate gobbledy-speak.

Yankees will dominate during regular season, but get tripped up in the playoffs. Red Sox will win World Series.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Agree on the first. Would agree on the second if the likely second-round opponent wasn't Germany, which I have a hard time expecting to make the semis.

As for that little opening skirmish, I say the U.S. twice comes from a goal behind to earn a battling 2-2 draw, but misses out on a chance to win the group when it can only manage a disappointing draw against Slovenia. England, meanwhile, labours past Algeria 2-0, but turns on the style to whip Slovenia 4-1 and win the group.

One of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan will be reported dead by TMZ, only to later be proven not to be dead at all.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The first boomer turns 65 in August. Cue acres and acres of navel gazing across the media.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Dan ... are there two people on this board other than you and I who know who Jeanne Dixon was?

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Here's one... :D

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I do. Her museum was located in my hometown. I think they moved it recently, though. Not sure where to.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'll make it three

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Four.

Yes and KISS are booked by Jann to play in Cleveland.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted