1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NHL off-season and draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 12, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

For all you budding capologists, here's a pretty good site:

http://www.capgeek.com/

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I hate that site. I've been trying to get it to tell me it'll all be okay for the Blackhawks for two weeks, but it keeps telling me they are boned.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's okay. You didn't really think they'd win another Cup in the next 49 years, did you? ;D

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This, courtesy of the very funny Leafs blogger, Down Goes Brown.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You listen to everything but realistically no. The only real possibility I could see happening is if the Oilers privately settle on Seguin and then can get an extra pick or prospect out of Boston, as it is obvious who the Bruins favour. I don't think they've made much a secret of it.

It is far more likely that the Oilers buy back into the middle of the first round to get a defenceman (Pysyk maybe?) using their second and possibly Cogliano or some assortment like that.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Typical Sens fans, don't know anything about hockey, bunch of bandwagon fans and will only support the team when they're winning.

God I hate them so much....this is a fucking joke. Sorry for the bad language.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

9. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I agree with this, Hall is the better player and will have the better career.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Kinda off topic, but caught Bobby Holik on NHL Live today.

I'll confess I'd never heard the man before, but he was insightful, funny and very opinionated. Asserted that if Johnny Mac is going to succeed, Lou and Marty have to get out of the dark ages.

Seems to me Lou is pretty set in his ways.

Anyway, thought maybe this would prompt some chat. I'm curious what some of the takes might be.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Lou could very easily be this generation's Punch Imlach, who won four Cups in six years and believed he was the only reason why.

Yeah, Imlach built a great dynasty. Too bad it only won four Cups when it could have, should have won six or seven in the '60s alone, then kept winning into and through the '70s.

As for Lou, his most recent Cup is getting smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I always hated Imlach for his treatement of Mahovlich. Fucking clown couldn't even pronounce his name correctly

Draft saved Draft deleted