1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Feb 10, 2010.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Definitely not D.C. They wouldn't trade him within the division. There's the connection with Childress in Minnesota, but they wouldn't give McNabb to a conference opponent that is such a good team. My guess is Buffalo or Jacksonville. The Jags need an attendance boost and McNabb would give them that. I know Garrard made the Pro Bowl, but that was a farce. With Buffalo, they need to make a splash again since the T.O. experiment failed with flying colors. Trent Edwards isn't and never was the answer. My money is on Buffalo or Jacksonville. I could see St. Louis because they're awful. The question really is what do the Eagles get? Two No. 1s? One No. 1 and a No. 2? Players? I don't know what his value is especially for a team that isn't a contender.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if McNabb was traded. History teaches that the thing to do is trade the backup everybody THINKS can play rather than the starter you KNOW can play. It's history that runs from Gary Cuozzo to Matt Cassel.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I guess I'm officially over it since the Saints just won the Super Bowl, but Gary Cuozzo is a name that always has me reaching for the Pepto. New Orleans traded its first-ever No. 1 pick (which was also the No. 1 overall pick) to get him, and Baltimore promptly drafted Bubba Smith.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily think it's b/c people think Kolb can play. It's more that McNabb has run his course in Philly. If the defense was better I'd say keep him. But he's going into the final year of his contract and the defense has so many holes it's going to take at least two years to revamp it. That's why I say give the keys to Kolb, who the Eagles took with the intention of him being their future at some point, give him a two- or three-year extension and fix the D.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Who do you see making a play for Brandon Marshall?

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

We'd been led to believe by zagoshe that his career in Atlanta was perfectly successful, and shame on anyone for thinking it was not.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Deadskins. Shanahan. Need anyone say much more?

Bills and Jets (if they don't keep Braylon Edwards) also possibilities.

Pat Bowlen is playing nice with Marshall, but somehow I have my doubts that bridges with Josh McDaniels will be mended easily.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Unable to bring back Chris Henry, the Bengals have apparently decided to make PacMan Jones their latest rehab case:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4907418

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Man, I think it would be hilarious if the Vikings trade for McNabb if Favre "retires" and then changes his mind in August again.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Can any team outside of the NFC East afford Julius Peppers?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And now they have signed Matt Jones. Same old Bengals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhWiVFnSUGrDcb1lGJpMtu1DubYF?slug=ap-bengals-mjones&prov=ap&type=lgns

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

After those two signings, you can spell it once again with a U.

Draft saved Draft deleted