1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Whenever I visit Hampton Township, I wear a bulletproof vest.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I just wonder why Washington's ex-players are the most vocal and most belligerent toward the current regime/crop of players. No other team in the league has this kind of thing.

I thought Arrington handled it well -- it was sermon-like in places. And modestly entertaining, which is all you can ask of the slop on sports talk radio.

Portis is literally a clown. Either he's trying desperately to get himself run off or he really is destructive to the team.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

My two questions this offseason:

1) Where does Boldin end up?

2) What's the Eagles QB situation gonna look like? (Trade Vick or trade Kolb or dump McNabb?)

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I just can't see how they bring McNabb back. Anyone who watched the Eagles last two games knows their defense is far away from being able to help the team win a championship. Getting Stewart Bradley back isn't going to dramatically improve it. It's going to be at least two years until the D is good enough to contend. With one year left on his deal why bring McNabb back only to be a distraction all season? They're not going to give him an extension. Same thing with Vick, get something for him from a team like Buffalo or St. Louis. Give Kolb a small extension and hand him the keys. All IMHO of course.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Where does McNabb go then? Arizona? Minnesota? St. Louis? Washington?

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Buffalo? Seattle?

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I thought "no way" about Buffalo at first, then I realized T.O. is a free agent ...

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Michael Vick, lazy and a criminal. It isn't a stereotype if its true. He's such a piece of shit

Vick told 790 AM The Zone in Atlanta that while he played for the Falcons, he wasn't giving 100%. Now, I'm sure a lot of people already had a hunch that Vick didn't get the most out of his abilities, but hearing him admit is another thing. Vick openly admits that he wasn't anywhere near the quarterback he should have been. From AJC.com:
    "There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level," Vick said. "I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough."
    [...]
    "Just imagine what I could have been doing if I really would have been applying myself. That's a regret I have."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Vick-admits-to-laziness-and-complacency-in-Atlan?urn=nfl,218771

9. mb

mb Active Member

Fark headline: Vick no longer complacent, realizes that competitive sports is a something-of-one-type eat something-of-the-same-type world

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Arrington is one of my favorite players. And I'm not alone in that thought. He's not a hall of famer, obviously, but the dude played his ass off every time he hit the field. He gets all kinds of respect from just about everyone in this area. Even after his career flattened out, he chose to call the DC area his home.

Portis is a fucking clown. God, I hope they get rid of him ASAP. Worthless. Just completely worthless. Does nothing but run his mouth, and when he does, he's usually way off base with whatever he's yapping about. Like the LaVar thing.

LaVar's radio show isn't the greatest. LaVar's grammar and radio presence can be terrible at times, but when he rants -- like this Portis thing -- he's pretty good. Dude has more fight in his pinky finger than Portis has in his entire body.

11. mb

mb Active Member

Shanahan ran him out of town pretty quick in Denver. I'd guess he'll do the same in D.C. Probably won't get a Champ Bailey back in return, though.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, Reid and McNabb are so tight that there's very little chance Reid will look to move him.

If he does go somewhere, I think Arizona makes by far the most sense. They need a QB, they're built to win now, and he lives in Phoenix in the off-season.

Draft saved Draft deleted