1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is an interesting piece of radio.

LaVar Arrington rips the fuck out of Clinton Portis on his show:
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/02/lavar_arrington_responds_to_cl.html

With radio link and transcription.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jeff Fisher is still awesome.

Just wanted to get that out of the way. :D :D :D

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, what do the Steelers have to do this offseason to get Super Bowl No. 7? :)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Two replies. You're slipping in your old age, dude. :D

5. outofplace

I know, which should scare you since we're about the same age. :)

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get off my lawn!!!!

7. Holy crap, somehow, someway, this sentence is an understatement.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A pretty comprehensive list of free agents, though it's obviously all contingent on the labor situation:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Not much to choose from in the way of quarterbacks (since I'm assuming Denver will bring Orton back), so it looks like Arizona almost certainly hand the job to Leinart, rather than trade him to Daddy Carroll in Seattle as some had theorized ...

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What is Arrignton's legacy with the Skin's? Listening to that, I would think he had a Lawernce Taylor or Jack Lambert type of career.

10. True enough, be he has a hell of a lot better legacy with the Skins than Clinton Portis, who was the original player to open his mouth. And he damn sure got put in his place. I don't have a problemw ith what Arrington said, he seems to have respect for the guys who he hs followed and Clinton Portis, well, doesn't.

11. outofplace

Arrington was never as good as he thought he was with the Redskins and he has his own history of proving himself to be a jackass upon opening his mouth. This is the goofball who tried to pass himself off as a tough guy from the streets even though his family has money and he grew up in a nice suburb in the North Hills area of Pittsburgh.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What are you talking about - I've been through Ross Township and I kept thinking to myself "this place is tougher than any neighborhood in South Central LA, the Bronx or West Philadelphia could ever hope to be...."

Lavar Arrington is an always has been a mental midget......

Draft saved Draft deleted