1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 19, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If he wasn't very good, wasn't he the perfect fit? Sorry, couldn't resist.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

A little while ago, it was Suh No. 1, McCoy No. 2 -- and that was that. Set in stone. Now...it's almost accepted that Bradford goes No. 1 and, maybe, it's an OT at No. 2?

Either way, the Bucs have to be pinching themselves. They'll get one of the top two DTs in the draft, something that was out of their reach just a mont ago.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bucs have done very well with DTs that have slipped in the draft.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Rick Gosselin's mock has Weatherspoon going to New Orleans. I believe Todd McShay does, too.
    He's freely admitted that his junior year was better than last. He bulked up last season and is back to his 2008 weight.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This reminds me of a funny conversation I had with my dad the other day regarding Suh being from Nebraska.

Dad: Didn't we get a bust from that school a few years ago?
    Me: I think you mean Aaron Gibson. He was from Wisconsin
    Dad: No not him. They guy was on defense and he was worthless.
    Me: That eliminates no one.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This team still doesn't have a clue.

Denver spent a second round pick last year on a tight end who had one return for 19 yards and two special team tackles (Richard Quinn).

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you about them having a clue, but it is still better to get a 5th than outright release somebody.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you are Art Rooney II, is there any way you entertain trading Roethlisberger for one of the top 5 picks in the draft?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, why WOULDN'T the Lions offer a third or fourth rounder) for Haynesworth and use the 2nd overall pick to take Okung or Williams, or whatever OT they have highest on their board? That way, the defense is instantly better, especially with Vanden Bosch already there, and they also get an anchor for the O-line.

And if I'm the Redskins, I jump at that, too. Headache gone.

10. FUCK NO.

I know Ben has baggage, but why you would trade a proven player for some untested kid and his agent who will wants Millions of dollars before ever taking a snap?

I could see him being dealt for another player and some lower round picks - which is where teams are built - but not a top 5 pick.
    Hell No.

11. I can not beleive Suh is NOT the No. 1 pick.
    I am not a believer in this field of QBs. And I flat-out love Suh.
    I think Clausen, followed by Pike and McCoy are the best of the QB class.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes.

You make that trade in two seconds. I have a feeling this is the reason why we will know the length of the suspension before the draft so the Steelers will know his value for next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted