1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 19, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And when Belicheck was building his team, the power was still in the NFC.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Unfortunately for Broncos fans, he's following Belichick's Browns playbook. And leadership, like chemistry, is highly overrated in professional sports. Enough talent will usually trump them. Not saying leadership isn't necessary, but you can have leadership out the wazoo, but you ain't winnin' shit if it's not accompanied by plenty of talent.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That Brandon Marshall didn't have leadership was obvious ... his card was his physical talent, but even his off-field crap was too much to continue to stomach. Understand why this was done.

As for Cutler ... haven't you and I gone round-and-round about this one enough? :D ;)

Tony Scheffler is another pawn in McDaniels' chess game to show everyone who the boss is. It's petty at best, but Pat Bowlen gave him the keys to the castle. If he wants to dry out the moat, let the knights run the place and allow the rest of the family to utterly trash the place, we might as well pick up some snacks and watch the disaster commence.

4. mb

mb Active Member

Scheffler's no real loss. Now maybe they'll average 10 points a game instead of 13.

If you were trying to intentionally dismantle a team, I don't know if you could do it as well as McDaniels has done in Denver.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

With Marshall specifically, even devoid of leadership, he'll make the Dolphins a better team. It doesn't seem like McDaniels' purge in the name of leadership, character and team oneness is improving that squad.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If he doesn't go top three I'd be stunned.
    Agreed. To his credit, they've gotten pretty good value in all three trades.

He better hope they win this year or he'll be gone.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Maybe my brain is stuck in 2007, but I thought Sims was a pretty damn good linebacker. Kinda surprised to see the Lions let him go.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I know everyone and their mother has Suh going 2 to Detroit, but wouldn't they be better off with one of those top OT prospects? Didn't Stafford get the Jason Campbell treatment last year?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't know that there's any organization in sports that would allow a 31-year-old guy with no prior high-level experience lay waste to a roster in so short a time the way McDaniels has been allowed to do. This is nuts.

If they wanted to cut Scheffler, fine, by why trade him for a low draft pick.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Small, injury-prone, can't shed blockers, shoots the wrong gap according to the one Lion fan I know.

For a 5th round pick, its a no-lose prop for the Eagles.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

a low draft pick is better than no draft pick.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Also, he supposedly doesn't fit the Lions' defensive system anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted