1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 19, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Three days till draft day, things are getting interesting and the Broncos no longer have an offense.

Tony Scheffler to Detroit in a three-way trade.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Mind posting the other ways and some specifics? Where does Scheffler fit with Pettigrew already there?

I'm looking forward to the draft much more than I thought I would with the Bears not picking for the first day and a half.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

http://www.freep.com/article/20100419/SPORTS01/100419032/1318/Report-Lions-trade-Ernie-Sims-for-tight-end

Well Pettigrew is hurt... and obviously only played one season. Who knows how he will pan out. Dumb trade for the Lions, IMO. Although Sheffler is local.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Scheffler was in their shithouse at the end of last year. I think he was the other guy deactivated for the last game along with Marshall.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can't imagine Sheffler was happy to be in Denver without Cutler or Marshall. Didn't the three of them do offseason workouts and camps together?

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So the Lions get a TE, the Eagles get a LB and the Broncos get a fifth-round pick? WTF is going on in Colorado? Is McDaniels that arrogant to think he can replace established players with random draft picks? Who's running that organization?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love the NFL draft. I'm actually pretty excited about the new setup because I can watch the first three rounds without ruining my weekend.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Is Suh's stock dropping? Saw a mock that had him going fifth.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What can some of you Mizzou cats tell me about Sean Weatherspoon? It seems that's who the Saints are targeting at No. 32, unless he somehow goes before then ...

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if he drops that far, Steak, but some teams have been turned off by his motor mouth.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Josh McDaniels is running the Bill Belichick Playbook step by step. Of course, he'll get much of the credit if he wins with his own players, ones that cost little money and didn't cost the franchise a high-round draft choice.

Understood why Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are gone ... they possess the leadership of the pond scum that has yet to surface. But if this deal with Tony Scheffler deal doesn't show that McDaniels has a bit of a complex, little else well.

And I wonder how long Pat Bowlen will let this continue if positive results are not apparent pretty quickly ...

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He hasn't even built a jayvee Patriots squad, just an ordinary and boring team.

Anyone who watched the Broncos more than a few times last year knows the limits of McDaniels' thinking on offense. This team was still using screens and draws on third and long late in the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted