1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Draft early entry thread, AKA Jimmy Clausen has flown the coop

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 7, 2009.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

There's a lot to be said for dominant LTs, too.

My only exposure to Suh was the Texas game, and, damn was I impressed.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Yeah whoever picks first (Tampa?) would be nuts to not pick Suh.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not sure who gets the pick if the Rams and Bucs both end up with one win. I'm guessing they don't play each other, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They do not play each other. (The Saints finished last in the NFC South last year at 8-8, which is why they played the Rams this year).

Strength of schedule is the next tiebreaker, but I'm not sure how they figure that. But since the Bucs finished in third last year, I'm guessing they had the tougher schedule than the last-place Rams.

(Now as to whether toughest schedule or weakest schedule goes first, I also don't know).

Glad I could help.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

What was Weaver going to say? Tebow sucks and piss off whatever Gator fan that goes to Jaguar games? How many tickets would Tebow sell if he is sitting on the bench? He doesn't have the skills to play QB in the NFL and picking him solely to sell tickets is stupid.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd love to see someone draft Tebow in the top 10 or 15. Hell, anywhere in the first round, really. Only to see the reaction on here and elsewhere. :)

7. Steak Snabler

Has there ever been an NFL player drafted almost solely with ticket sales in mind? Earl Campbell comes to mind, but he clearly merited the selection regardless of where he played in college.

Any others?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Pat White was drafted by Miami to be a specialized QB running the Wildcat. He is a better runner than Tebow and so far has been a wasted draft pick. Tebow won't last a year trying to run over NFL players.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

In the AFL, the Jets took Namath and Huarte in 1965 in the interest of tickets (Huarte more than Namath). I believe Don Meredith was pursed by the Cowboys and the Dallas Texans for the same reason.

In a more modern era, I recall the Lions picking up Rodney Peete late and promoting the heck out of the idea of him handing off to Barry Sanders in the Silver Stretch offense.

And according to legend, Carroll Rosenbloom said he would have never let Tom Mix skip off to the Chargers in the 1960s if he knew he was Jewish because he believed that would have sold a lot of tickets in Baltimore.

10. Steak Snabler

That's RON Mix, right?

Tom Mix was an early Western movie star.

(And yes, Tom Mix wept. He also died for your sins.)

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

FADE TO BLACK....

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the s.o.s is just the winning percentage of all your opponents. And weaker schedule goes first, since they sucked against suckier people.

Draft saved Draft deleted