1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Draft early entry thread, AKA Jimmy Clausen has flown the coop

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Re: 2010 NFL Draft thread, AKA Jimmy Clausen jumps ship at Notre Dame

Maybe, but with all the changes to the NFL bargaining agreement looming, this is the year where almost everybody will come out early.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think Clausen would have went even if Weis was brought back. And once Tate saw that, he'd be gone, too.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Any team that picks Bradford in the top 20, much less the top 2, is nuts.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No argument there. Like I said, they made the right decision. I just thought it was odd that Claussen in particular seemed to be making his decision purely on Weis's advice.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm sure Clausen sought advice from more than one person.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

FIXED

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why the fuck would the Jaguars pick Tebow? Your idiotic rants about him filling the stadium are absurd. Would Danny Wuerffel put more asses in the seats than Mark Brunell?

Tebow's motion makes Leftwich's look compact.

No way Tebow is picked in the first round to play QB in the NFL.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No team in the NFL has more trouble filling the stadium than Jacksonville. Tebow would help that. That doesn't mean they should use a first-rounder on him, but it also doesn't mean they won't.

Tebow shouldn't be picked in the first three rounds, but he will be. Someone will take him a lot higher than he should be taken.

I agree he's going to be a terrible NFL player, but would taking him in the first round be any worse than some of the other QBs (J.P. Losman, Rex Grossman, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell to name a few) who have gone really high in the last several years?

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

What about Jake Locker? I wouldn't be surprised by his decision, either way. As a Coug who hates the Huskies, I want to see Locker leave early because I think he could really do some damage in the Pac 10 next year. But I also think that might be why he stays at UW, to be the person that makes the Huskies relevant again.
    Then again, Locker missed most of last year and after seeing what happened to Bradford this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave early.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Gainesville Sun's Robbie Andreu blogs that Florida's Ahmad Black, the Pouncey twins and Chris Rainey are all going to enter the draft, according to Black's father:

http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/10266/say-goodbye-to-the-gatornaughts/

Could be the first of many, along with almost certainly Joe Haden, Major Wright and Aaron Hernandez and probably Carlos Dunlap.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Steak, please promise to go back and edit this thread title when the draft actually comes around. We don't need another Gannett layoffs thread title debacle. :D

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Done. That should cover us til Jan. 15, the early entry deadline. After that, someone can start a new thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted