1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Draft early entry thread, AKA Jimmy Clausen has flown the coop

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: 2010 NFL Draft thread, AKA Jimmy Clausen jumps ship at Notre Dame

In the first 3 games in their customary Big 10/3 start to the year, you mean.

This is the schedule that Flounder should've had this year. I see 10-2 more here than I saw it this fall.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Starman, you know just as well as I do that the Big Ten teams let ND off the hook every year. Purdue ALWAYS blows it and at least Michigan or Michigan State plays like shit against the Irish, every year.

I bet ND takes two of three.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Never said Weis should refuse to answer them, either. I said that they were dumb to trust him.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

My initial reaction was to agree with you on this. But it is possible that Weis and his two golden children have a legitimately strong relationship. Besides, both are coming off career years and their stock will never be higher.

5. outofplace

They are just lucky that their best interest happens to coincide with his.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why are they dumb to trust him? He was their college coach. I'm sure they had a better relationship with Weis than most people would give them credit for. You think just because Weis got fired, that he's going around giving bad advice on purpose; that he'd take his frustrations out on those two kids? I doubt that. You might hate Weis. Everyone else might hate Weis. But it appears his players still admire and trust his opinion. Not exactly far-fetched.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm still shocked that Jimmy Clausen didn't hold his news conference in Canton.

8. outofplace

It's not hate. It is understanding that he is a self-serving dirtbag, or at least arrogant enough to think that they would be lost without him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Lost without him? That's up to the kids to decide, not him. The kids can take his advice or not take it. They took it.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's funny.

I say he's a top 10 pick. Suh and Bradford will go 1-2. The order will depend on who gets the pick and if it's traded. McCoy will go in the 5-7 range and Clausen will go right after him.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw a few weeks ago that Peter King said two GMs have said Tebow will not get past them in the first round. Considering Jacksonville will probably be picking in the mid-teens, that's way too high to take the weeping one.

I still think the story was bullshit posturing to try to get another team to waste a first-rounder on him. I think Jax or Oakland will grab him in the second round.

12. outofplace

You're missing my point. Weis is arrogant enough to think that Claussen in particular would struggle just because he doesn't have the decided schematic advantage working for him any more.

Like I said, these two are lucky that their best interests happened to coincide with Weis's. If he hadn't been fired, I have no doubt he would have told them to stay.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted