1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NBA offseason draft, FA, etc etc...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is there any rule stopping LeBron from insisting on a 6 year guaranteed contract, with his opt outs after years 2-5? If not, I would present that to each team first, and anyone who wasn't OK with it is out.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Breaking-news-LeBron-James-to-play-for-six-NBA-?urn=nba,251885#remaining-content

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That Yahoo piece was not nearly as funny as it could have been.

Anyway...looks like the Nets traded Yi Jin;lkjdf;ahg to the Wizards, clearing another $3 million off the books. Nets still a couple mil away from being able to sign two big dogs.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

It's going to be great when a team signs a combination of two of Joe Johnson, David Lee, Rudy Gay, Amare, and Boozer to two max contracts. Then, when another team signs two of the guys leftover from that group.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Exactly, and if there is a God, the Knicks are going to be one of those teams.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

SAS was on 790 guaranteeing that the three will sign together in Miami.

7. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

If he's wrong, he might as well apply at McDonald's.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm just waiting for Nike and David Stern to call him and encourage him to become a Knick.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I kind of have a feeling LeBron could sign a short-term deal with the Cavs and will demand a trade if he wants out after a year or two.

I was rooting for him to go to Miami until SAS reported it, now I want SAS to be wrong, even though I don't think he is.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They do, every single day of every single year. It's called the "Collective Bargaining Agreement."

11. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I just can't see LeBron, who claims to be this great leader and all that leaving and taking a backseat to Wade. Doesn't pass the smell test in that regard. If he does I think he's almost giving up on his legacy as one of the all-time greats. Sure, he might still get there but it sure looks bad in the short term.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear the happy face The Knicks put on things when Lebron signs with The Bulls.

Draft saved Draft deleted