1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NBA offseason draft, FA, etc etc...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 18, 2010.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Charlotte? You mean New Orleans? Charlotte doesn't have a first-round pick unless they trade for one.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sweet. Congrats to Larry. I didn't expect it that high.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I heard that rumor a few days ago. And yet, Paul Allen makes him work tonight's draft.

I would have showed up at the Draft, ordered some champagne, when the camera pans to me, I'll flip the bird so that Paul Allen sees it, get up and walk out.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This franchise is a joke. Hire a GM to reverse the "Jail Blazers" trend and this is the thanks you get? Worse, Greg Oden has spent more time in the training room and tub than the court.

No wonder the Seahawks are a complete mess. Only money would motivate anyone to work for Paul Allen.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

As a Blazer fan, I agree with all that. It's time for Allen to sell the team.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As a Warrior fan, I'd be glad to have Paul Allen own my team. At least he tries. The hope is that we get our own version of the egomaniac this summer (Larry Ellison).

Pritchard had a contract and he'll get paid for getting fired. No big deal there. So the guy tells you you're fired right after the draft. Its not like he's going to go all overhead projector on him (Al Davis/Lane Kiffin). Now that's bad.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Would you rather have a penny pincher like George Shinn own your team?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Seahawks had a pretty damn good run with Allen as their owner.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-trailblazers032210

Might be more to this.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Wow. He sounds like a total turd.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Not if you ever want another job in pro sports. But, yeah, it sucks big time.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Paul Allen has been a nice improvement over Ken Behring. But that bar was set at a backhoe-level low. Close to Donald Sterling level ...

It was a case of doing well in spite of issues. Mike Holmgren probably helped squelch a lot of potential issues. Notice the mess since.

Draft saved Draft deleted