1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Kobe Bryant's wife is impressed.

The Busches probably went to Applebee's to celebrate. ;D

2. bwright

bwright Member

Kyle, I would have expected better from you.

"Bigger is better" is not always true. Except in the sack, or so I'm told.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, looks like we won't have to worry about Milka Duno slowing up the ARCA field today.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

what happened? i'm just getting home.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Milka was in the huge first wreck. Two more since then, including a barrel roll by the 48 (not JJ's 48) just now. I don't think people at the track are sure how that happened. Tore up the wall in short chute off turn 4, looks like.

Heh: RT @Regan_Smith_: Maybe arca should reconsider this whole superspeedway racing thing. Just a thought.

Applicable Days Of Thunder quote: "All right. While we're still under a caution, I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car. . . . (Y)ou've hit every other goddamned thing out there. I want you to be perfect."

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If they ever let arca hold a 500-miler at a superspeedway, it would take 10 hours and two cars would be running at the finish.

7. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Have to say, fine job by Danica today. Loads of yahoos on track, but kept her nose clean, looked plenty racy out there. Still question whether she's got the strength to saw on that whell for 400+ miles....but she certainly impressed me today.

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

9. So glad NASCAR is here. So. Glad.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

I give her about a B- because she's still got to work on her drafting technique, specifically bump-drafting. Made a couple of very confident moves in traffic, though. I'd like to see what she can do against better competition ... say, next Saturday.

Gordon spun Biffle. Don't know why the TV people suggested Biffle may have had a flat.

And for those of you who missed it the first time this afternoon, Speed Channel is replaying the ARCA race right now. Awesome race. Thrill a minute. Really.

Or not.

11. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Might be that my expectations were pretty low (unfairly, probably), I'd give her more of a solid B to B+. Not much to be gained by "trying out" bump drafting with the collection of clowns in the ARCA race. She made some nice moves, ran a smart race.

Cup cars looked EVIL in the shootout. Folks were rusty, didn't adjust well to the losing rates w/ the slightly larger plates.

Best NASCAR news of my day? March Bristol tickets were in the mailbox this morning. Sort of like spotting the first Robin.....this proves to me that spring is on the way :)

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I love me some Bristol. Even NASCAR can't eff up Bristol too much.

Draft saved Draft deleted