1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NASCAR running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 3, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ha! Oops. I forgot about Shannon's announcement being up top, even though I was two of those three posts. :D

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If it wasn't planned, there's a blown rubber joke in here somewhere....

3. Why do I have mental image of Chad Knaus and the crew in the corner of the bedroom with a pack of Trojans on standby ...

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Chad: Jimmy. What are you doing?
    Jimmy: Screwing, Chad.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Shit.

Layoffs at NASCAR Scene & SceneDaily.com include Jeff Gluck, according to his Twitter feed:<blockquote> Dear Friends...I am sorry to inform you I just lost my job! Not sure of the next step right now. Let me know if you hear of any openings!

Unfortunately, NASCAR Scene and SceneDaily.com were hit by huge cutbacks today and I was one of them. Kind of stunned at the moment.

Anyone who wants to hire me, please e-mail me at gluckj@aol.com. Thanks! :)</blockquote>Dammit. This sucks.

6. imjustagirl

It's a long list of just about every name you'd know from Scene. Horrible day.

7. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Big fan of Scene and like all the Scene guys a lot. Just horrible news.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I still have a couple of stacks of NASCAR Winston Cup Scene around here somewhere.

I let my sub lapse a while back, but I enjoyed reading it when I had one.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As if racing press rooms weren't emptying fast enough, now lop off an entire row of Scene guys...fuck.

10. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Member

In addition to Jeff...Mike Hembree, Rea White, Jared Turner, Lee Montgomery, Dave Exum seemed to have been let go..sad man..good peeps

11. imjustagirl

Also, David Griffith, Ben White and Steve Waid. I sat next to Ben at Homestead one year. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. And Waid's been there forever.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The new face of Red Bull:

[​IMG]

:D

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-schrader-to-drive-no-82-in-shootout/

Bill Eilliott will drive the 6 in the Shootout, according to Sirius Speedway's Dave Moody. Best driver that car's had in years.

http://www.sirius-speedway.com/2010/01/elliott-negotiating-for-shootout-ride.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted