1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 MLB League Championship Series running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I think the women of South Beach and playing with Dwayne Wade had more to do with that than the opinion of one man on a message board in Ohio.

And with CC, he was going wherever they gave him the most money. If it were a lifestyle issue, he'd be an Oakland A or a Giant right now.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Anyone else hear Buck get all awkward when Fox showed a shot of Lincecum in the dugout?
    Buck was about to say something about Lincecum watching from the bench the rest of the game, then Lincecum threw in a monster of a dip and Buck stammered like he couldn't decide if he was going to get on his high horse about how wrong that is.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I saw the wad of chew go in. I thought he was going to say something.

Did he just say "Game over" on the catch by Victorino?

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Is Brian Wilson crushing skulls or getting weird tonight? [/obscure Jim Rome radio show reference]

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Did Machine give him a call on his Zack Morris phone?

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yes, Cody Ross. But as crazy as that sounds, that's how the Giants have been winning all year. If you're a disciple of Bill James and try to evaluate this team that way, don't. Won't work. The staring pitching has been nails, the offense bunches together what hits they can generate well, and while it's an adventure at times, the bullpen has been incredible down the stretch. It's been a helluva ride ... and it goes on.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That was an excellent game last night, especially compared to some of the very loose play we've seen in the playoffs so far. If Rollins and Victorino don't get off the schnied, I fear for the Phillies' chances.

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I had to record this game and watched late last night. I hoped for a 1-0 win by either team, two complete games by the starters, two combined hits and about 30 Ks total.

But what I got was a pretty damn good ball game anyway.

9. HeinekenMan

You folks are slipping. We finally have a hit in this baby. These No. 2 starters aren't far behind the aces when they have their location working for them.

Does anyone know why San Francisco is throwing Sanchez tonight? I like him more than Cain, and I thought he should have started Game 2 of the last series. He would have been going on his normal five days' rest. It appears the Giants have had a change of heart. They flipped them. Cain is scheduled to start Game 3. I suspect is has something to do with the Phillies' lefty hitters. Ultimately, both would start twice if it goes seven games.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Flipped because Bochy wanted a right-left, right-left pitching rotation. Also because Sanchez has been, well, "Dirty" at Citizens Bank in the past. Cain is a flyball pitcher and the Phillies hit him pretty well. He's a much better fit for AT&T park. But he's got the mentality to pitch a Game 7 if needs be.

BTW, Cody Ross is just ridiculous in this series.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cody Ross again? Seriously?

Actually, in hindsight, it does make some sense. Ross is streaky as hell. He just happens to be having one of his hot streaks at a great time.

12. HeinekenMan

The Giants need to go shopping for a big bat this winter.

Draft saved Draft deleted