1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 MLB Divisional Series running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I guess who the Reds pitched might be a moot point if Redbeard keeps rolling through this game...

And Ondrusek uncorks Mr. Snappy over to first base.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good as he is, he's got a lot of work to do yet and a lot of innings on that arm. He'll turn 34 in May, only has 169 wins and 1,700 strikeouts. Even four more 20-win, 250-strikeout seasons puts him in Schilling/Mussina territory. At least two more Cy Youngs (including this year, if he gets it), a World Series win, and the Phillies continuing to be dominant would help his cause a lot and maybe push him over the top.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Good thing then that people are wising up and realizing wins are not the most important factor in judging a pitcher. Lets judge him in the era he pitched, I can't think of many better. You're right it's to early but if he stays on track, I think he makes it.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Through seven. Wake up the neighbors. It's getting serious now.

5. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

FUCKING RIGHT!!

Let's go Doc!!

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The true Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus.

Maybe if Halladay was pitching from 70 feet, it would be a fair fight.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wins aren't everything, but they are the first thing that gets you in the discussion. He probably won't make it to 300 and 3,000, but between 250 and 275 wins and 2,700 strikeouts ought to be good enough if he accumulates enough hardware to back it up.
    He gets this year's Cy Young and one more, that gives him three. Plus it'll mean he's a major piece of a Phillies team that's beginning to look like a National League dynasty, which will give him more cred. A World Series MVP wouldn't hurt, either.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This guy is a fucking beast. He's Curt Schilling, except he turned it on several years earlier.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man. I wish someone would remind people that Conan will be on TBS

10. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Batman, don't you believe Halladay can pitch till his mid 40's? Even though he has a lot of mileage on his arm, I still believe that his arm can handle pitching into his 40's.

The reason I ask is because if he does, then I believe he can reach 300 wins for his career.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Maybe they can arrange some kind of blimp for Game 2.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

David Aldridge reports Roy Halladay has been drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays.

Draft saved Draft deleted