1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 MLB Divisional Series running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 4, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

WHO CARES? THEY MENTIONED BROOK ON THE BROADCAST! They didn't show him, though. Fail, TBS. Fail.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Can anyone give a good defense of starting Volquez in Game 1?

3. imjustagirl

Probably not in retrospect...

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dusty Baker sucks?

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm not asking for retrospection. I'm sure Dusty had reasons for starting Volquez. I'd like to know from a Reds' fan perspective what those were. Before the game I couldn't come up withone good reason. Dusty's "splitting up the hard throwers" smelled like bullshit to me before he announced the starters. Being inOhio, I haven't heard one Reds fan who liked the decision.

6. imjustagirl

Here's a comment from a Reds fan friend of mine. This is his status update.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Halladay no longer channeling the ghost of Don Larsen, but there's still nothing going on in Philly through five. Nothing at all.

8. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Could of easily been a strikeout in my opinion. None the less, Halladay is pretty dominant thus far.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Other than Pujols, is there a surer bet for the Hall of Fame among the under-35 crowd than Halladay?

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Duh. Strasburg. Jeez.

:)

11. imjustagirl

Nick Punto's only 32.

12. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

No one that I can think of to be honest with you, a few years ago you might of said Johan, but he's been declining every year, and he might not make it anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted