1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 MLB Divisional Series running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I had read that the Rays first two games are sold out but that fans are quite upset over the start time of the two games. They are afternoons and that means a lot of call-outs from work.

Speaking of the Rays, it is interesting that they changed the rules of the catwalk. It’s now going to be a complete do-over.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Lee gets out of bases-loaded, one-out jam in first with a big assist from Tim Welke

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Damn, when Nelson Cruz hits 'em, he hits bombs. 3-0 Rangers in the third

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As they should, but I don't feel comfortable changing the rules in the middle of the season. Change them in the offseason.

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

David Price has turned into Jay Cutler

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Jay Cutler won't be in the postseason to get hit hard in the postseason.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's awful how possible it is for the Bears to make the playoffs. They aren't good, but they've got some awful teams left on their schedule, and there's enough mediocrity in the NFL that they could fluke a few more wins like the Dallas or GB games.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Are you insinuating that TV execs are running the show? I'm shocked, I tell ya.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yankees in 5, Rangers sweep, Giants sweep and Phillies in 4.

The rationale:
    1. It's the Yankees. The Twins starting pitching is no better than New York's, and the Yankees have an edge on offense.

2. I get to cheat here. Texas is about to take the first game on the road, and the Rangers should beat Shields on Thursday. That means a Game 3 at home for the sweep, and those fans will be loud.

3. Lincecum, Bumgarner and Sanchez are too dominant. In his last 35 innings pitched during the regular season, Sanchez allowed 4 runs. In his last 32 innings, Bumgarner also allowed 4 runs. Atlanta's pitching staff recorded zero shutouts during the regular season. Over the last month of the season, Atlanta was terrible. The pitching staff was third in the National League in ERA but 10th during the final month of the season.

4. The Reds pitching staff was 9th in the National League over the final month of the season, and good ol' Dusty went with a pitcher with poor control to start Game 1. Of course, Halladay is a lock for two wins anyway. The Phils just need the offense to spark in one of the other three games.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

did Arroyo unbraid his hair, forget to use gel or is that Kato Kaelin in the Reds dugout?

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Heart: Rangers, Twins, Reds, Braves.

Head: Rays, Yankees, Phillies, Giants.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rays are in big, big trouble now. I smell a Rangers sweep.

Roy Halladay seems to be handling the pressures of his first postseason fairly well. Phillies could sweep this in 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted