1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 MLB Divisional Series running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Phillies actually selected that series because it allows them to potentially pitch Halladay, Hamels and Oswalt in 17 of the potential 19 postseason games they could play without using either of them on 3 days rest. Of course it's those two games that Joe Blanton would pitch that scare me.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

The two games Joe Blanton is going to pitch won't matter the way the other three are going. And Blanton hasn't been that bad lately, either.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Division Series
    Yankees over Twins
    Rays over Rangers
    Giants over Braves
    Phillies over Reds
    NLCS
    Rays over Yankees
    Phillies over Giants
    World Series
    Phillies over Rays

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Phillies over Rays/Yanks is where smart money likely lies.
    I gotta figure the Braves will win it all, though, for the Skipper.
    Never has a franchise deserved another World Series title more than the Braves do now.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I had almost talked myself into thinking you were a decent guy spnited ... I know you're a Mets fan (and, by extension, a masochist) but why hate on the Braves?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

What Mets fan doesn't hate the Braves?

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yankees, Rays, Giants, Phillies -- three arethe teams with the best pitching, and the Yankees simply own the Twins.

Rays, Phillies

Rays -- because Florida deserves a third World Series title in 13 years because of the way fans support those teams. (Which leads to the question: Will the Rays have any post-season sellouts?)

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As a lifelong Reds fan, I just don't want this to end yet. Eh, maybe that's why they have the goofy Wed/Fri/Sun schedule. But maybe, just maybe...

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rangers have Tommy Hunter as their Game 4 starter. If it gets that far, though, don't you have to go with Lee on three days' rest? It'll either be an elimination game for Texas or they'll be looking to put it away.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The explanation I read was that Lee's history of pitching on short rest is not good. If they are up, 2-1, I don't think there is any way they use him for Game 4. If they are facing elimination? Maybe they change their minds.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Giants, Phillies, Yankees, Rangers
    Giants, Yankees
    Giants ... the revenge of Willie McCovey!

12. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

The Braves deserve a World Series title? Because their manager is retiring? Somehow I don't understand this. Are you joking?

Draft saved Draft deleted