1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 MLB Divisional Series running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 4, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

I agree completely. Just saying the schedule is so stupid they could do it with 2 guys.
    I expect the Phils to sweep with Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels (combined 14-1 in September)

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because of sabemetric fuck loser asshole nerd pussies who are going to come into your house and start talking about EqA and PECOTA while you are trying to watch, right?

3. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Phillies did sweep the Reds. They have three amazing pitchers that could all be aces on different teams, and they have a lot of playoff experience.

Should be a great series to watch though, I'm interested to see if Votto will be able to keep it up in the playoffs.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm pulling for a Giants-Phillies NLCS, and I think it should happen. Some great pitching matchups if that series materializes.

In the AL? Sorry Yankee fans, but I'm in ANYONE BUT NEW YORK mode. :D

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

It actually will pain me to see the Phillies win the World Series, which I think they will.
    But it is better than seeing the Yankees win and I will take great pleaure in seeing the Braves get beat by the Giants.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Phillies, Giants, Twins, Rangers

I'm pretty sure about the NL picks. I'm probably just hoping on the AL picks.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'll be very surprised if the Yanks beat the Twins. Just not enough trustworthy starting pitchers.
    Logic tells me the Phillies should be way favored over the Reds, but as a lifelong Phillies fan, that makes me very, very anxious. It's a hard concept to grasp.
    I think I like the Giants and Twins in the Series. But I could change my mind by the next page of this thread.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yanks, Rays, Giants, Phillies.
    Rays and Phils
    Rays.

Yanks can get away with poor starting pitching for a short series, but it'll catch up to them in the ALCS.

Rays' pitching depth will get them past Rangers.

I just think the Phils are battle tested, which will put them into the Series, but I have a feeling Lidge is going to blow up on the biggest stage.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Phillies over the Rays in six.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

With the caveat that these are human beings and not computers, and thus anything can happen and upsets are highly likely, I'll go with:

Yankees, Rays, Giants, Phillies

Rays, Phillies

Phillies

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

OK, who stole Rick's sign on? :eek: :D

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Rays over Rangers in 5
    Twins over Yankees in 4

Phillies over Reds in 3
    Giants over Braves in 5