1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Emmy nominations

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually thought I had read that O'Neill was the only one submitted as a lead. All of the others were supporting.

It's an ensemble cast. O'Neill is the star, but I'll bet he has the same number of lines as Burrell, Bowen, Stonestreet, Ferguson and Vergara.

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

The Emmys website has pulled the official ballot, but I assure you, the Modern Family cast went the Friends route and submitted all the adult actors in the supporting categories.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

One of the minor categories with a strong field of nominees is Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series. I think Lithgow is going to win it, but Itzin and Danson are strong contenders...

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    * Robert Morse, as Bertram Cooper - Shut The Door. Have A Seat. Mad Men AMC
    * John Lithgow, as Arthur Mitchell - Road Kill. Dexter Showtime
    * Gregory Itzin, as President Charles Logan - 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM 24 FOX
    * Beau Bridges, as Detective George Andrews - Make Over The Closer TNT
    * Alan Cumming, as Eli Gold - Fleas The Good Wife CBS
    * Ted Danson, as Arthur Frobisher - The Next One's Gonna Go In Your Throat
    Damages FX Networks
    * Dylan Baker, as Colin Sweeney - Bad
    The Good Wife CBS

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

That's what I had read earlier also, that al chose to be supporting because of the ensemble casting. And O'Neill got robbed. I like Bowen and her character. I think the best roles though are Burrell (who I say wins) and Stonestreet, who is quite the scene stealer. I was surprised at the Gloria character getting a nod, even though, my gosh, I love watching her.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is " The Decision " eligible?

6. Mizzougrad96

Only if TV has something that is the equivalent of The Razzies.

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Admittedly haven't tried too hard, but I just don't get Glee.

8. Mizzougrad96

Ditto... I understand that it's well done, but I've seen 2-3 episodes and I don't see what the big deal is.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given the quality of TV, especially the meaty stuff guest actors are given, this is a tough category, but it has traditionally been used to give an award to a famous name who hasn't won much. Surprised by the Morse nom, but wouldn't be surprised if he or Beau Bridges won.
    I think back to some Law and Orders featuring people I've never heard of before (like the state senator from The Wire who killed kids in one of his LO appearances) that just sent chills down my spine.

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Lead Actor in a Drama once again looks loaded to me. Any of those guys is deserving, great crop to choose from there.

11. Mizzougrad96

True. I'd probably be a little disappointed if Matthew Fox won. I'm still finishing Season One of Mad Men and I still have yet to see Breaking Bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted