1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Emmy nominations

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think Ferguson does a lot with what is usually a pretty one note role, but Rico Rodriguez deserved a nomination before him.

I saw Ferguson in a small role in The Merchant of Venice last week in Central Park and said to my wife (probably too loudly) -- "That's Mitchell!", which generated a lot of laughs around me (the actor who played Willie on Alf also had a bit part).

I think that Bowen is pretty average in her role.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How the hell is Nurse Jackie a comedy?

3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Is Zach Gilford a supporting or a guest star this year? He wasn't part of the main credits and he wasn't around a full season...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think a 30 minute show has ever been considered a drama.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Jackie would qualify, in my book. Dexter has more comedy

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Yeah, my only recourse to accept him not getting nominated is that he wasn't in enough episodes to qualify for a supporting actor nod. He was tremendous in "The Son." I still think he should've gotten a nod as a guest actor, but I have no idea how they go about picking for so a lot of these categories. Glad to see FNL get some love and I'm bummed that I don't think Kyle Chandler will win. He's just up against too strong a crowd this year. He should've gotten a statue for the first season.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

He submitted in the guest actor category - the delineation between "guest" and "supporting" is pretty blurry, but it has to do with how you're credited. That's why John Lithgow is in the guest actor category as well.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Who do they consider the leads in Modern Family? Does it have them? I guess there's no female lead, since Bowen is nominated as a supporter. I would have thought Burrell was the male lead. Ed O'Neill, I guess?

9. Webster

O'Neill was submitted as the lead. He was the only one.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

No Community? Hogwash !!

11. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

All of the adult actors submitted in the supporting categories.

12. Webster

Then you can't trust the internets for anything. My apologies.

Draft saved Draft deleted