1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 College hoop coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I saw Snyder on someone's bench recently, but can't remember who.
    EDIT: Austin Toros of NBDL

Some former players are not successful as coaches.
    Magic and Bird are prime examples, though they might have fared better in college ranks.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Another possibility for St. John's: Ed Cooley from Fairfield. Four straight years of improvement, up to 22 wins and the MAAC final this year, and re-upped through '14 earlier this year, though now might be the time for a move. I once covered a club volleyball tournament he played in - he brought it over the net, too.
    Cooley is an Al Skinner guy (URI and BC). Today I visited my sister (BC grad), and my brother-in-law says there's a little grumbling about Al on Chestnut Hill for the first time.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Da'Sean Butler is ONIONS.

That said, I have no idea what to expect from the Mountaineers. Wouldn't be surprised if they made the Final Four ... or lost in the first round.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fixed

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, Zag, Pecora would jump at that job, It's his freaking dream job.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Bird wasn't a successful coach? Two division titles, a trip to the NBA finals, and the Pacers best 3-year run in their NBA history isn't successful?

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm sure he would.

That doesn't mean he SHOULD......

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Magic as a coach spent too much time saying "Why don't you work as hard as me, and why aren't you as good as me?!?!?"

Bird said, "Rick Carlisle and Dick Harter . . . go coach. I'll make a speech later."

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It worked for Bird, didn't it?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If Tech doesn't get into the NCAAs, look for openings at Virginia Tech and Radford ... Greenberg to St. John's and Brad Greenberg goes with him.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Why would Brad do that?

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Get out while the gettin's good at Radford ... loses lots of key pieces from this year's team. Not sure he'll make the NCAAs any time soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted