1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 College hoop coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 7, 2010.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Gregg Marshall was certainly a prick to a lot of people, primarily those who annoyed him. If he respected you, though, different story.

Just before the whole College of Charleston thing, I was doing a story on him and he calls me back and gives me his cell. "Don't worry about Sports information. They won't help you when you need to get ahold of me." So when he bolted to CofC and then turned around and went back to Winthrop, my job was significantly easier.

Funny story: One year during a golf outing, I'm parking my cart to approach an early tee box when I'm slammed into from behind by another cart. I turn around, and it's Marshall and another coach in the league, just laughing hysterically. I pull out a handful of tees out of my pocket and wing them at him. Overall, maybe the best foursome golf outing I've probably ever had.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

According to Goodman at FoxSports.com, Softstra hired some donk named Mo. Hope they hire him a driver.

3. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

Mo Cassara is one of the classiest people in college basketball.
    Does he have Division I head coaching experience? No.
    Is he a "name" hire? No.
    But if you ever interact with him, you will quickly find out he is all class --- which is why, even through all of this stuff with Welsh, he impressed the Hofstra people enough in a short time to trust him with the job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Woj is reporting today that Calipari looks to be leaving the Cats to coach LBJ wherever he ends up.

So who gets the UK job?

Draft saved Draft deleted