1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 College hoop coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Isn't Auburn opening a new building next year? That's usually a favorite time to make a clean break with a coach.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I loved watching the Hogs back then. They were at the pinnacle.

Over the last 10 years they've had seasons of 23-12, 21-14 and 22-10, but they've also gone 14-17, 14-16, 12-16, 14-15, 9-19.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That team with Scotty Thurman and Williamson and I think they had a 3-point shooter Dillard -- they were one of my favorite teams to watch - they could D and play offense.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I know what you're getting at, but most every team that won a national championship could D up and play offense :)

5. zagoshe

Yes, that was a bad way to write it.

I just meant they played both at a very high level and as a result could play a lot of different styles of games and still win.

6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

A local sportswriter just wrote an article describing Arkansas' season as "40 Minutes of Fail."

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For most of the 1990s there wasn't a more entertaining team to watch than Arkansas.

8. zagoshe

I've heard the name Seth Greenberg for St. Johns - anyone know anything about this?

9. He grew up in Plainview on Long Island, so he's in the mix. But, I'm not sure he knows the right prayers.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Man, what a rise up the totem pole if it's true, from Long Beach State to the Florida school to Virginia Tech just as Tech joins the ACC to St. John's of the Big East.

11. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Pretty amazing for a coach that is about to receive his fourth NCAA tournament bid in twenty years.

12. zagoshe

If St. Johns is smart they will call Mike Rice from Robert Morris.

He is a guy who coaches Big East basketball in the NEC and his stock is not going to be higher than it is right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted