1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Baseball Thread No. 2 (which was my Little League number!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Zack Greinke to his teammates: "Where the fuck is my comeback, assholes?"

Or:

"Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you..."

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in Des Moines, we had to settle for Chad "bleeping" Tracy in the lineup, as Castro puts on a fucking show in Cincy tonight.

And it's 45 degrees out here. On May 7th.

Crazy.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We've got the windows open down here tonight.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Rod freaking Barajas!

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Since this wasn't mentioned, here's Lastings Milledge's boo-boo from Thursday. He hit a ball deep to left, the fireworks and music went off and Milledge went into his home run tro ... only the ball hit off the top of the wall and he was tagged out halfway between second and third.
    Oopsie.
    Kind of sums up the state of the Pirates these days.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7866287&c_id=pit

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Having two guys tagged out at 3rd base on the same play tonight was a nice touch as well.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ozzie Guillen has to be on some thin ice.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Starlin Castro clearly is not ready for the big leagues.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The Man laid the smackdown again last night. This is becoming boring almost. :)

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

1 hit in six innings vs. AAA. O's in town in two weeks, I'm revising my first appearance in majors estimate.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mebbe Ozzie feels that too. Here he spouts off to Rich Griffin of the Toronto Star about a number of items, including managers getting second chances:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/bluejays/citogaston/article/806547--griffin-if-anyone-understands-gaston-s-pain-it-s-white-sox-skipper-guillen

This Jays fanboi looser is lovin' this run the team is on. Damn good starting pitching, solid 'pen, clutch hitting. Who knows how long it'll last, better enjoy it while I can.

Damn good pitching duel last night between Shawn Marcum and Mark Buehrle. The Jays did a good job getting to the Sox pen last night, going deep off Jenks and Putz. I've only seen Matt Thornton a couple of times but he just fucking brings it.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

They have a lot of power arms in that bullpen. It's really their only strength.

Jays have the Sux and Rangers next week, that should tell them more about where they stand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.