1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Baseball Thread No. 2 (which was my Little League number!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Awesome.

I love that skit.

The whole thing has to be unscripted, no?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

For the first time in a long time I didn't watch a single moment of the HR Derby. David Ortiz won by hitting a bunch in what's really glorified batting practice. And I didn't have to hear Berman or Joe Morgan compete to be the most insufferable person in the broadcast. Looks like I'M the winner there!

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Because I don't want to sound to flippant for the RIP thread, we'll take it here:

We now join YES network coverage of the death of George Steinbrenner already in progress...

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't think you should boo people during the All-Star introductions. Boo the shit out of them when their team is in town playing yours, but not the All-Star Game.

5. mb

mb Active Member

And miss out on ...

http://ballhype.com/video/chase_utley_boo_f_you/

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

That's funny

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You and I are tied F_H.

OK, this just in ... Braves deal Escobar and Jo Jo Reyes to Blue Jays for Alex Gonzalez and two minor leaguers.

This feels a little like Atlanta giving up to me. Gonzalez is hitting for more power than Escobar this year, but that's not his career trend. He's not a long-term solution. Reyes is a throw-in. I think Escobar's attitude and his awful baserunning -- remember when he was a rookie, everybody was raving about his baserunning instincts? -- had worn the Braves' patience thin.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

It was pretty obvious in NY last weekend when Escobar screwed up twice on the bases that Cox was ready to kill him.

9. mb

mb Active Member

I'm actually surprised it took Atlanta this long to deal Escobar. It's been pretty common knowledge down here that Cox positively can't stand him. I'd consider this an early retirement present.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think the last straw was the lazy throw that almost got Glaus a broken wrist. And I can't tell you how many times he's run into an out to kill a rally the last two years, and it was usually with Chipper or McCann standing in the on-deck circle. The guy is really talented, but stuff like that is inexcusable on the major-league level.

11. mb

mb Active Member

Looks like the knuckler isn't working so well tonight for Wakefield:

Andrus struck out looking.
    Young singled to left.
    Kinsler singled to right, Young to third.
    Guerrero singled to right, Young scored, Kinsler to third.
    Hamilton doubled to right, Kinsler scored, Guerrero to third.
    Cruz singled to center, Guerrero and Hamilton scored.
    Molina homered to left, Cruz scored.
    Davis lined out to center.
    Borbon struck out swinging.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If you can get the Extra Innings package, it's a free preview week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.