1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Baseball Thread #3: Harold Baines would like a word

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

5-5 now after Cabrera goes deep for the second time. Tigers also left the bases loaded last inning.

I fully expect the Rangers to score four in the sixth,.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Cabrera isn't getting even more attention for what he is doing. The guy goes into rehab for alcohol problems in the offseason and now he is having an amazing season even by his own standards. I doubt he will do it, but the guy has a legitimate shot at a Triple Crown this season. He entered today's game leading the majors in RBI and third in the AL in both average and home runs.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Nippert from the Rangers just took a nasty line-drive head shot from the Tigers' Austin Jackson. The ball landed in left-field ON THE FLY.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Ranger pitcher Dustin Nippert takes a line shot off the side of the head off the bat of Austin Jackson. Ball ricochets into left field.

Never lost consciousness and walked off the field under his own power.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

6-6 in 10th

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I was about to plead for someone to take a lead and save deadline so thank you Nelson Cruz in the 14th. Now finish it off please.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rangers a full 5 games up now.

And Guy, last year proved head-to-head between Anaheim and Texas doesn't mean squat. The Rangers had the best record in head-to-head within the AL West in 2009, but crapped the bed in interleague and East road games. This year they were 14-4 in interleague and just went 3-of-4 in Boston.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Never been in a ALCS
    Heck, never even won a playoff series.
    Everybody wins eventually. (see New Orleans Saints)
    Maybe it's time for Texas to taste it

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Absolute fucking trainwreck. And I'd be pissed if I were Rayburn, he could have been injured.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rangers are not losing that division.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Holy shit - I had no idea he was the same Sergio Santos the Jays picked up as basically a throw-in in the Overbay deal (I think).

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah he was definitely Blue Jay property the year I saw him. Double-A Eastern League. No idea his original organ-eye-zation, I just assumed he was drafted high by the Jays out of HS and petered out shortly thereafter--one of those kids the team hangs on to b/c it doesn't want the embarrassment of dropping a top pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted