1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Baseball Running Thread, Part 1: Oh.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Only one of those three links looks like a particularly impressive prospect.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Name one prospect out of the Pirate farm system that has been worth a shit since Ramirez and that was about a decade ago.

3. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Fixed.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They have not even had a player worth trading since Ramirez that was home grown.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Hell, I thought it was Quizno's.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. That was really bad.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This game is going on 13 hours, and Neil Diamond is singing. WTF.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hell, it's 11:30 now and it's STILL not over. That's 4 1/2 hours to complete an APRIL baseball game.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Wait until Papelbon comes in. That inning will take half an hour.

That musical number was one of those times when you feel embarrassed for the performer, the goofballs singing along and yourself for watching it. Good God. And if that was any other team but the Sox, would ESPN not cut to commercial?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dropkick Murphys are going to play live. No, I'm not kidding.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No way. He's as born to DH as any player since Rico Carty.

And I think it will be Jake Fox who winds up as the A's full-time DH before the year is out (because Chavez will suck, and then he'll get hurt). Fox can flat-out hit.

Nate McLouth?

12. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Alvarez is the only one of those three I'd be excited about if I was a Pirates fan. Pitchers who strike out 80 guys in 130 innings in the minor leagues generally don't fare too well in the major leagues. I suppose Tabata could turn out to be pretty good, but he's hardly 'hope in a bottle.'

The Pirates are poor and poorly run. It's an awful combination. I know they weren't exactly gutting the Bronx Bombers, but they did a piss-poor job of getting prospects during their most recent firesale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.