1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Baseball Running Thread, Part 1: Oh.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's national. Just blacked out on ESPN2 in NY/Bos.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, not really, but that doesn't mean it is a bad thing.

I heard Starkey and whoever the other guy is on sports talk radio while I was in Pittsburgh this week. They spent the entire show talking about the Pirates one day. One of the guests was eternal optimist Chuck Tanner. Even Tanner is giving up on this team before the season starts.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Can Cust play RF?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I imagine he's equally awful at almost any position.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Does Beckett get paid to wear that ridiculous Phiten logo on his neck?? How is that even allowed?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

At least now there is some hope in the minors.

7. outofplace

What happened to your boys looking into signing Jermaine Dye? Not that he is any good in the outfield any more, either, but he's not as awful as Cust.

8. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

There is?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Game is already over two hours old, not even five innings complete.

These two teams do everything they can to make it as unbearable as it can possibly be.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

NCAA Women's Final Four vs. opening day of a "RIVALRY!!!!!!" we'll see plenty this season, as we do every season.

Yeah, can't agree with you there, "YankeeFan."

11. outofplace

Alvarez is a player. Lincoln might be a pitcher. Beyond that, I'm not sure what he's talking about.

Now if Alvarez does develop fast, he and McCutchen could be something to build around. Of course, if they hadn't gone running away from Scott Boras with their tails between their legs a few years back when they passed on Weiters, they might really be on to something.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=3B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=476883

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=467798

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=518396

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.