1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Baseball Running Thread, Part 1: Oh.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It is not a separate issue.

Pittsburgh has widespread relief pitching problems, not just closer. One source described the situation as an 'organizational crisis.' Which it is, and it goes deeper than Matt Capps being gone.

Jon Daniels in Texas breathed life up and down his roster with one smart trade, as the Pirates should have been doing with Bay. The hell with Capps.

Speaking of The Princess Bride, you strike me an awful lot like the Wallace Shawn character, OoP. Your style of argument is like his, that's for sure.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except I'm tall and much better looking. :)

You must have the strength of Fezzik the way you keep moving the goalposts. Of course, the Bay trade was a disaster. That doesn't change the fact that in one breath you rip them for putting together a terrible bullpen, then in another you support them for giving up their best relief pitcher for nothing and replacing him with an older, crappier option who is nearly as expensive. It's just not logical, Captain.

So, perhaps your gift is for rhyme rather than reason? No, actually, I think even you are finally seeing the contradiction, which is why you are playing with pictures and trying to change the subject.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fan who ran on the field in Philly last night was tasered:

[​IMG]

Love it.

Can only find lousy home video of it on YouTube. TV cameras probably didn't show it.

Was anyone there last night?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That photo is phenomenal. Wonder what's going through that kid's mind right about then?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It is a great photo, right?

Hard to know if the kid knew he was about to be taken down. He does look like he might be reconsidering his decision to jump on the field.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

THE MAN HAS BEEN PROMOTED!!!!!!....to AAA.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2010/05/stephen_strasburg_promoted_to.html

Sunday, June 6 vs. Cincy. Get yer tickets now!! :)

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

My fucking grandma would be awesome against that group. I was just happy to avoid the no-hitter.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I should also note that the only entertaining part of last night's game from my POV was the fun the White Sox pr staff had with Mark Teahen. Some kid named Justin Bieber (the latest pre-teen sensation, I think) threw out the first pitch. So when Teahen came to the plate the first time, Bieber's "Baby" song started playing. Instead of showing his graphic on the center field board, they just had a camera on him instead. Turns out Mark can take a joke with the best of them.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I remember seeing Evan Longoria play in Double-A on the road in Jackson, Miss., one time, and the PA folks there got the bright idea of playing the "Desperate Housewives" theme every time Eva Evan came to bat. He got the last laugh, though, with two doubles and a homer.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Three words you rarely see together, in any context.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

About 50,000 volts.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The more they play the more the Dodgers look like a pretty lousy team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.