1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Atlantic hurricane season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Aug 31, 2010.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Activity is starting to pick up.

Earl appears to be in a position to threaten the Mid-Atlantic coast, and Fiona is not too far behind.

Depending on where you live, this would be a good time to check on your emergency preparations. Please don't wait until the last minute.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bad year to rent a place over the holiday weekend in the Outer Banks.

That said, Mrs. 93 and Lil 93 will be headed down there the weekend of the 18th. :)

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Earl could fuck some shit up. It's a cat 4, and could possibly be around cat 5 later this week, though cat 4 seems more likely. Of course, as the NHC told me "if you're talking the difference between 145 mph and 156 mph, that's kind of a moot point." It looks as if it's going to move in pretty close to the coast before bouncing off to sea. The outer banks are definitely on the clock. But so is the Cape Cod area, and even Long Island.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

They all should be on the "cleaner" side of the hurricane, at least. But if it's a Cat 4, that's not much of a relief.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Current track looks like Jersey shore could get pounded Friday

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they can convince all the douchebags who live there to assemble on the beaches for a massive hurricane party, it might not be all bad.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If Earl soakes the ground and Fiona comes up behind it with high winds, that is where you will see the real trouble with uprooted trees and power out everywhere.

But right now Earl just looks like a shoreline thing.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

We need Snooki and the Situation to be roaming the beach drunk when Earl hits.

And 99% of the people who live at the Jersey shore -- other than Sleaze-side Heights -- are not douchebags

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I often forget that last part. Seaside was the easiest to reach beach for me, so I spent way too many of my formative years there. When you want to hop in the car and make a random beach trip at 11 p.m., you go to the closest place and you can kind of ignore the clientele to an extent.
    There's lots of nice Shore towns once you get off that little barrier island.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Hey, Lavalette's fine. Or at least it was back in the day.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fiona isn't long for this world -- she's running into Earl's outflow and will probably be snuffed.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yep, that's what dude on TWC said last night. But there are 2 more potential tropical storms behind her lined up single file heading this general direction.

Draft saved Draft deleted