1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NHL season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 13, 2010.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Ryan wanted a three-year deal. The Ducks bumped their previous offer another half million.
    Ryan gets $3.25 mil this season and $5,562,500 the next four. No no-trade clause. Ryan forfeits one year of unrestricted free agency.

Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry still paid slightly more than Bobby Ryan, but they're all close.
    Ryan’s deal has a salary cap hit of $5.1 million.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

Fair deal.

3. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Thanks for your inpup ;-)

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

11,571 in Boston for Seguin's debut ... in a rookie game against the Isles.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

A scheduling quirk I noticed last week: Tampa Bay gets a five-WEEK homestand starting in late January. What's up with that?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

do they have building issues that put them on an extended road trip prior to this?

7. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Nope, no building issues. Seems their front office problems didn't allow for them to barter for changes during the schedule-making process.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/tampa-bay-lightning-gets-odd-2010-11-schedule/1104291

8. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=333963

Montreal supposedly found their new captain. I'm happy with the choice.

Honestly, I expected him or Josh Georges to be named the next Captain of this incredible franchise.

Gionta is a great leader, he's a great locker room guy and he's going to be a great captain for Montreal. Couldn't go to a classier gentleman.

Really happy that they finally named someone to be their Captain. Just didn't feel right for it to be vacant like that.

9. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Mais, je pense qu'il ne parle pas le francais. C'est incroyable! Gionta is a great player and leader, but the French media will be all over him if he doesn't make an extra effort to speak the language.

10. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I'm French Canadian and I don't have an issue that Gionta barely speaks french. I know some Quebecers will have a problem with this, but they need to get over themselves and move on. This isn't the era of Richard, Believeau, Boom Boom anymore.

With that said, I'm sure that Gionta wil try to learn some French, since he knows it's so important to some Canadiens fans.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

But the point is they won't.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You already have the PQ saying the Canadiens aren't French enough. Have fun Gionta.

Draft saved Draft deleted