1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NHL season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Flash

Flash Active Member

Oh and in case you missed it ...

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Pierre+Curzi+exposes+Habs+plot+against+francophone+players/3519176/story.html

The Bloc is batshit crazy.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Good I'm glad they're going to stick to their guns and not let him slip his way back on to the team and become a distraction for the young guys.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Who said Halak was the second coming of Roy? All I said is from what I've seen from Halak in a full year last year and the two or three partial seasons before that, that he is better than what I have seen from Price. I really question Price's mental make up at this point and if he can handle the pressure of being the man in Montreal. I think Halak has proven he is more prepared for that job. I think Price would greatly benefit from moving on to another franchise. And you're right you can't undersetimate how the cap effects the whole works in this day and age. But it was never cited in the Canadiens reasoning for the move they made. As a straight hockey move I would rather have Halak over Price, Eller and Shultz. That is all I said.

4. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

The thing is it's to early to give up on Price. He's shown signs in the past that he can be a good goalie. He's had a rough time in nets during the last few seasons and Halak took advantage of that, but by no means you give up on Price this early in his career.

Halak went to Gauthier and said if "I'm not the goalie of the future on this team then I wanted to be traded." Pierre thought that Price would be the better goaltender for this team in the long run so he went on and traded Halak for a good prospect that was selected 13th overall, and Schultz. You never know, it might pay off in the long run.

I respect your opinion about Halak though, since you're entitled to it.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If Price doesn't cut down on his partying, he'll turn into another Jim Carey.

And if he doesn't pick up his game substantially, the fans will tar and feather and ride him out of town on a rail.

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Like they did with Guillaume Latendresse and Mike Ribiero? We all know how that turned out.

Habs fans have to be patient with a young goalie with potential like Price as. That's why I keep saying there's no point of giving up on him right now.

7. Flash

Flash Active Member

And then end up as captain of the Leafs.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Funny on so many levels. :)

9. Flash

Flash Active Member

<curtsy>

FYI: Hall, Eberle and Pajaarvi are sitting out tonight's game against the Flames at the Young Stars.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's what I heard on the radio. Little disappointed by that.

Also they just announced that Bobby Ryan signed for 5 years with the Ducks, didn't mention dollars. I am guessing $25 mil range.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Here it is 5yrs. $25.5 mil

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=333759

12. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Good job by the Ducks, they couldn't lose Ryan who has a chance to become an even better player. I was surprised that it took so long for them to get the job done. None the less, Ducks fan should be thrilled about this, losing him would be a huge downfall for Anaheim.

Draft saved Draft deleted