1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 25, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh I always thought this "might win 72 games" stuff was nonsense because it is clear to me when you have three new superstars together that it is going to take at least 15 to 20 games before you really start to hit your stride so it won't shock me if this team is like 15-10 or so after 25 games.

But let's face it - this team was put together with the playoffs in mind and by then they will be rolling.

I do agree with you though - if we could put Shaq, Garnett, Pearce, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal in some sort of hyperbolic chamber and keep them healthy and not have the wear and tear of season in all those old knees - they are clearly a better team than the Heat.

I just don't think that is realistic though - that team was running on fumes by the end of last year and that was with Doc rationing minutes.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's what I considered all the talk about the Heat winning 72 games.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When LeBron signed with the Heat, it was largely assumed that he was "joining Dwyane Wade's team" and that Wade would remain the alpha dog, the leader of the team. The intro with LeBron, Wade and Bosh, and all the subsequent photo ops (always with Wade front and center) seemed to kind of back up that idea.

But the way LeBron took over tonight, while Wade and Bosh didn't contribute much to the rally, did he effectively take over the team, too? Is it now his team after only one night (and a loss at that)? Seems like he kind of asserted that "hey, Wade is great, but this is going to be my team."

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Over or under 380 for Shaqs weight?

Zag is bang on on this, unless the Celts miraculously stay healthy the Heat will be just fine.

5. I never thought it was Wade's team...Can't be his team if he isn't the best player

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Aren't the Celtics missing Perkins?

And really, I was halfway impressed with Shaq last night.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You realize Wade has been out several weeks with with a hamstring injury, right? I believe he only played 3 minutes the entire pre-season. Wouldn't be drawing too many conclusions about who the alpha dog will be when it's the first game and one is at 100 per cent and the other is not.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Are the Yankees Jeter's team?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's fair but if it's going to be a long year for Miami if Wade does not control the ball. He will ultimately not accept being the man. It won't work if Lebron played like he did with Cleveland - 4 guys standing around while Lebron dribbles around and then fires one up.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Mike Miller being out hurts the Heat big time. With two good penetrating wing players, a spot up shooter is imperative. Miller can be the Heat version of Steve Kerr.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wade should be the penetrator and Lebron should be the kick out player

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What about House and Jones?

Draft saved Draft deleted