1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

One of the more satisfying Sore Loser quotes in my time as a sports - and Lakers - fan.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, WHAT?

The Spurs only had THREE seasons where they even finished above .500 in the 80s. The Suns only had five. Half step, my ass. I swear you post some of the oddest stuff, Devil.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They beat the Spurs in six games in 1983.
    They beat the Suns in six games in 1984.
    They beat the Nuggets in five games in 1985.
    The lost to the Rockets in five in 1986.
    They beat the Sonics in four in 1987.
    The beat the Mavs in seven in 1988.
    They beat the Suns in four in 1989.

OK, so in four of the seasons they were pushed in the conf. finals.

I really thought the Spurs especially gave them more problems.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Why do you hate 1980, 1981 and 1982?

The Lakers lost two playoff series to Western Conference teams in the 1980s. They were taken to seven games by a Western team only twice, by Utah and Dallas in 1988.

No one else in the West was close.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So damn what? So because the Spurs took the Lakers to six games once in 1983, that means they were "only a half step behind the Lakers in the 80s", despite the fact they had only three seasons above .500 the entire decade? Yeah, that's some rock solid logic.

And how does that in any way refute anything STG posted about the same lack of parity existing in prior eras? Just because they didn't sweep every single series? Guess, what ,the recent Lakers, Spurs and Bulls championship teams faced plenty of close series also, in fact I'd venture more so than the 80s Lakers. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Chris Bosh is 1-for-17 at this point from the field tonight.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Make it 1-for-18.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I never want to hear about soccer from an NBA fan again:

9. Piotr Rasputin

That will now go viral, solely through my efforts.

Thanks for posting.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The way to deal with that shit is to absolutely curb-stomp the fucker next time down court. Leave tread marks on his windpipe.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hey, I was wrong.

My childhood memory was the Spurs and Suns being on par with the Bucks and Sixers in the East.

It looks like they were not.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Ah, but it's still soccer's fault that this spreading disease has been implanted in the NBA.

See it was foreigners like Vlade Divac and Manu Ginobli that first brought flop mastery to the League. They, of course, learned it from growing up in soccer culture. At least that's how I've heard the story told....

Draft saved Draft deleted